Welcome Message

*** Feb 4, 2024: New post is up~! ***

Tuesday, January 4, 2022

✨Girl's Date with Shiena 💖

Hi angels! How are you doing today? I hope you all had a wonderful new year's eve/day. I'm still catching up on a few posts from before and around Christmas time so I apologize if this is kinda dated and irrelevant content. 

I spent a lot of my vacation time just resting up and mentally recharging so I haven't done any blogging 😭 I promise I have a lot of cool things to share soon so please bear with me for these next two posts!
A few weeks ago Shiena messaged me to hang out. There were some Christmas floral displays set up downtown and she asked if I wanted to go see them with her. I was really excited and we agreed to meet at the skytrain station.

The morning of our meeting was super hectic as I was in a hurry to get ready. I pre-booked an uber to get me downtown because I'm still a bit anxious about taking public transportation. While I was in the middle of curling my hair I got matched with my uber driver and they were just a few minutes away so I had to curl as fast as I could. 

In the end it started snowing outside and that slowed my driver down so I had some time to take a few pics before leaving the house, but by the time I got to see Shiena my hair had deflated from the humidity and looked nothing like before I left 😥
Here's the pics I took before leaving. I tried to focus on getting pics of my makeup. As mentioned in my holiday gets post I practiced this eye makeup the night before just to be sure I could pull it off nicely with the new eyeshadows I got and I'm so glad I did that. I probably would've been late/had to finish my look in the car if I didn't practice first.

I did make a few adjustments from my practice look; I changed the liner to be more downward instead of a wing, and for the lower eye makeup I applied it closer to my natural eyeline and put on bottom lashes. I was really happy with how it turned out!! I felt so cute I ended up making this my new blog header 🙈
I had a bit of a different outfit planned in case the thermal tights I ordered didn't show up in time but they actually came while I was doing my makeup so I was able to put together something more cute.
Originally I was just going to wear this top with some black leggings and sneakers but with the thermal tights I was able to wear a skirt. I also decided to wear my rain boots since it had the most grip. I didn't want to risk slipping in the snow with something heeled or accidentally ruin my demonias with road salt & moisture 🥺

Overall I think this is one of my favorite outfits and I was comfy & warm the whole day! 👌🏻
I met up with Shiena at the station and we planned our route to see the displays she wanted. We chatted a lot along the way and it was honestly so much fun to be outside for a change. The floral displays themselves were actually a bit disappointing though, and I wonder if it was because of the weather or maybe the selection of flowers wasn't so good for the vendors.

I took a lot of pics for Shiena and we had some taken together by some very nice passersby. At some point we got stopped by this Chinese dude who was livestreaming. He wanted to take some pictures of her but I feel like it was a scam to get her to follow his socials because the last I heard she never got her pictures lol. They were nice and professional quality pics & he gave us some tips about posing/taking pics but it was super weird he held them hostage from her even though she asked really nicely to get them sent 😬😬

Here are some pics of the nicer displays:
We took some selfies together:
She took some pics of me but I'm not really used to being in front of someone else's camera so these look kinda awkward imo lmao
Some nice photos taken by random passersby: 
More selfies~
After we saw all the displays we wanted we stopped by a handroll restaurant for a late lunch. We both got the 5-roll set and it was super tasty! I took pics of all the rolls but I just realized they all basically looked the same even though they had different fillings lol

I thought it would've been kinda gross if I took a bite then took a photo 😅😅
When we were done we walked around the city a bit more. Shiena took me to this makeup store I've never been to called CurliQue. They had a really cool selection of products I haven't seen in other local stores like those from Kevyn Aucoin and Danessa Myricks.
inside of the store
I got to meet some of her friends and they were all very lovely and funny. We checked out some of the products they had on sale and chatted a while. I was having so much fun I didn't notice that it had started to get dark and late so I called an uber and went home after this.

I had a lot of fun and it felt really nice to hang out with Shiena. We talked about so many things and she's such great company irl. Though restrictions in our city have increased again, I hope I can hang out with her again soon!
That's all for this post, thank you so much for reading! See you again soon~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you thought of this post! ♡

Strawberry On Top Of Cupcake