Welcome Message

*** Feb 4, 2024: New post is up~! ***

Friday, January 7, 2022

๐ŸŽ‰ 2021 NYE Eve Look & Special Project ✨

Hello angels, I hope your first week of the new year has been treating you well. It's still snowing a lot here and I had a really bad experience with the washing machine this week. 
view from my window~ the tree outside is
so pretty covered in snow but I hope it all
goes away soon bc my city doesn't know how to
function during weather changes at all ๐Ÿ˜“ 

To keep a long story short, I thought I had broken the washing machine trying to clean my pillows and was afraid to use the dryer in case I broke that too so I had to hand wring out them out and air dry them on my dining table ๐Ÿ˜ญ

In the end my landlord and I checked it thoroughly and nothing was broken. I'm glad it was nothing and that my landlords weren't upset with me, but rather very kind and understanding! I've learned my lesson to just Never Do That Again, but on the bright side I was able to dry my pillows in the dryer after they sat out for a while and now they are ultra fluffy ☁
With the surge of omicron cases, our restrictions tightened again so there were no NYE celebrations happening. I actually don't really party or do anything special for xmas/NYE anymore (pandemic aside) but it sucked to get to see my dad or friends even just for dinner. 

I didn't end up doing anything for NYE, I just spent it quietly with my bf watching shows. I decided to do some makeup the night before though and I played with my hair a little bit bc I had to wash it, so that's what I'll be sharing today! 
I did this look mostly with the Pat McGrath Bronze Seduction palette. The focus points of this were to: 
  • use colors in the palette that I haven't touched yet
  • try a bigger open droop that starts closer to the inner third of my eye rather than the middle/outer third
I think this turned out ok though my hand twitched when I was drawing the inner corner so it's kind of wonky shaped lol ๐Ÿคก I quite like the eyeshadow shape here though and will probably be doing it more going forward~
A review of these lenses will be coming soon!! Please look forward to it ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿป
I felt a bit boring in selfies with just straight hair so I played around with it a little. I didn't add any more product in it because it already had a lot of dry shampoo. I tried a bunch of things like tying it up, teasing it as big as I could, sweeping it to either sides, etc.

I actually forgot to take pictures of my finished makeup look because I was so excited to play with my hair so that's why I have so many different hairstyles in these lol. BTW please don't take these seriously or quote them as actual gal hair attempts ๐Ÿ˜… my hair isn't really suited for this kind of styling as I have very long layers and didn't use any heat tools or products. These styles are only good for selfies sadly ๐Ÿฅบ

I tried sweeping my hair all to one side and throwing some of the hair in the back of my head forward for more volume.
It was ok haha. The second pic is kinda cute I guess ๐Ÿค”

This one I just tried to tease my hair as big and round as I could. I actually used to do a very poor imitation of the scene mullet during high school so this was very nostalgic.
And here are some regular pics of my hair with the teasing brushed out. Honestly I preferred this more than any of the experiments (pictured or not) ๐Ÿคช
I'm also happy to announce that I am working on a new blog project to kick off this year. I will be expanding on my post about How I Achieve A Gyaru Eye with a mini blog series called Point Focus

For these posts, I'll be analyzing key points in my gyaru makeup while also explaining my goals for the look, application tips & techniques, process to finding what works for me, and the challenges I faced. While these posts will be very personal and specific to my features, I do hope that they can help inspire you or clarify any issues you might be having on your target makeup points! ๐Ÿฅฐ

Anyways that's all for now, thank you for stopping by! I'll chat with you again soon~ ๐Ÿ’–

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you thought of this post! ♡

Strawberry On Top Of Cupcake