Welcome Message

*** Feb 4, 2024: New post is up~! ***

Monday, January 17, 2022

Daily/Wearable Gyaru Makeup Experiments

Hello angels! I hope you're doing well today. Recently I've been doing a lot of fun and colorful makeup looks but I started to feel a bit lost when having to do more plain looks for work so I decided to do some experiments.

I tried out a look based on some inspo I saw on instagram and I really liked how effortlessly gal it was! The goal was to have the makeup light and wearable since I'm in meetings for about 4-5 hours straight a day, and I also needed something that I could do in maybe 10-15 minutes in the morning. With that in mind, let me show you what I came up with!
My daily makeup isn't really gal tbh and I usually wear blue light blocking glasses with it, though I would normally wear lenses if I was going into the office (I'm more prone to migraines in office lighting and the glasses exacerbate that zzz). 

I wanted to try and give my daily make a more gal vibe since this ends up wearing really poorly through the day and doesn't really do much for my features.
I used this for inspo because I felt like it was very gal but not too over the top (cause I don't want to scare anyone conservative I might meet at work):
I felt the main points for this was:
  • thin eyeliner
  • rounded droop
  • snatched nose contour
  • spikey top lashes
  • lots of mascara on the bottom lashes
This was my first attempt. I liked how the shape turned out and the fact that it still looks really gal/gal-inspired without using lower lashes was awesome. I'm sure it would've been extra cute with bottom lashes but I was trying to stay true to the inspo since I usually don't have time in the morning to figure out bottom lash placement. Without them, the balance seemed a bit off so I needed to make some changes before I was comfortable with this look.
The next day I decided to give it a try again. This time I changed the liner from a wing to puppy liner and rounded out the droop a bit more while adding in a bit of shading to the outer corner. Another thing I wanted to work on was my nose contour as I felt like it wasn't really doing anything for me. I saw this tutorial on youtube and decided to try it out. I was absolutely blown away by my new nose lol
I am really happy with how everything worked out and this is now my go-to daily make. I'm glad that I was able to recognized what I wanted to improve and was able to make the necessary adjustments right away. I don't think I would've been able to do that this quickly like a year or two ago 🤪
I hope you found this interesting and fun to read. I know this kind of makeup isn't really considered gyaru or noteworthy to most people, but I've struggled with toned down/daily make for so long that I forgot what it was like to feel cute for work for once 😬 I'm super pleased with this and thought the process would be interesting to share 😅 

Thanks for stopping by today, I'll see you again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you thought of this post! ♡

Strawberry On Top Of Cupcake