Welcome Message

*** Feb 4, 2024: New post is up~! ***

Thursday, January 6, 2022

🍲 Dinner Dates, Outfits and Christmas Themed Gyaru Makeup 🎄

Hello angels! I hope you're having a nice day. Over the holidays I was able to meet with some coworkers for dinner. I haven't seen most of them in like 2+ years so it was really nice to catch up!

I went back to that tempura restaurant in my previous post and also the mazesoba restaurant next to it! Again this was another place I usually get delivery from so it was really nice to try it in person 🥰
For the first dinner I met with my friend Marielle. We used to work together at my first industry job. Since then we've both moved on from that company but have stayed in touch through twitter. 

I wanted to go for a more casual vibe so this is the look I came up with:
It was pretty cold that night so I wore a turtle neck with my Kumatan coat. I thought about putting some nylons on top of the thermal tights but I was out of time and instead just headed out the door hoping no one would notice the horrid skin tone difference LMAO
I pretty much never wear my hair up when I go out because I feel like I don't have the face for it but I recently learned how to make the high pony more flattering so I decided I'd wear it for dinner. I think it's extra cute with hair that's a little curly or wavy!!

The technique is basically 2 pony tails tied into one for extra volume and structural integrity (so the hair near your nape doesn't fall out of the pony).
I got the salmon avocado donburi, the milk tea, and the cheesecake ice cream for dessert. It came with a lil shovel as a spoon, it was so cute!!! 🥺
The next day I got together with 2 other coworkers, Alina and Vivian. We went back to the tempura restaurant I had gone to the week before. This time I got the house special bowl and the milk tea! We got seated on the other side of the restaurant this time so I took a photo of the floral installation that was in the ceiling~
For this dinner I did a Christmas themed (red & green) look as suggested by Merii via my IG story. I put together another casual outfit. I wanted to wear the Datura sweater I got from my buyee haul.
Full face:
And finally the outfit!
I put together a few other outfits too while I was figuring out what to wear for these dinners so I'll share them here too 😅
I had a lot of fun hanging out with old friends. It's been so long since I've seen anyone that's not my bf, bffs or sister I forgot how nice it was. I hope that we can get a handle on the pandemic soon. I'm starting to really miss normal life... 😭💖

Anyways, thank you so much for reading and I'll catch you in the next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you thought of this post! ♡

Strawberry On Top Of Cupcake