Welcome Message

*** May 1, 2024: New post is up~! ***

Wednesday, August 4, 2021

๐Ÿ“บ What I'm Watching (Youtuber Edition) ๐Ÿ‘€

Hello angels!! I hope you're doing well. Today I wanted to share with you all the things I'm watching to keep me sane and entertained during lockdown. For today we'll be focusing on youtubers but in the future I'll include kdramas and tv shows too!

As you know I am a huge skincare and makeup junky so I'm always looking for new products and techniques to up my routines. I have found sooooo many insightful and educational channels in the last two years so I'm really excited to share them with you! 

I think this will be a bit of a lengthy post as I want to share the channels and also give you a little blurb on what I enjoy about them so I will divide them up into sections for easy reading. That being said, I don't want this to be too long so I'll save a few more recs for future follow up posts!

Skincare

Doctorly

Okay so the first channel I gotta talk about is Doctorly. I like to call them my derma dads because that's what I feel like I'm listening to when I watch their videos lol. These are two dermatologists that debunk skincare myths and give you in-depth but easy to understand explanations on skincare ingredients, products, skin conditions, and more! They upload really often and are also super active on Tiktok if you're on there.

Some of my favorite videos are:

James Welsh

The next youtuber I discovered during lockdown is James Welsh. I absolutely adore him and his twin brother Robert. They're both so funny and easy to watch. I love that while the messages they present are super professional, the way that their videos are filmed have a really chill and natural vibe. It's like listening to your friend talk to you instead of something that's really formal or scripted feeling.

Some of my favorite videos are:

EuniUnni

Okay so I absolutely adore Eunice. She is so fun and positive, she is literally a ray of sunshine. Her channel focuses a lot on Korean brands as she is based in Korea. Her videos are all in English btw and they are super informative. I have to warn you it's super dangerous to watch her channel because she often takes you shopping through Olive Young and she'll go literally aisle by aisle and product by product, to give you reviews and insight into new and trending items.

I love that she sometimes brings on skincare experts to her channel and they go shopping together so you can get recommendations from them too! 

Some of my favorite videos are:

Makeup

Pony Syndrome

I can't make a post about youtube gurus without mentioning Pony, the kbeauty queen. I love her use of colors and she's just overall such a chill creator to watch. She uses both high end and drugstore items and I really appreciate her honest reviews of the products while she's applying them. She'll often give you tips and tricks for specific products to maximize the effects.

Some of my favorite videos are:

Minsco

This is a recent addition into my watch list. I randomly discovered Minsco through my recommended videos and I really enjoyed how educational her videos are. She does a lot of product reviews with swatches so that's really helpful when shopping for kbeauty items. Her beauty hack series is really informative and I feel like they are a great start for beginners.

Some of my favorite videos are:

Anda

Anda is another channel I recently discovered through my recommended feed. She is so so so cute and I love how wearable her looks are. I tend to gravitate more towards her style of makeup on my lazy days because it flatters and suits my features a lot! She's pretty talkative and I just enjoy the overall vibe of her channel. She's been doing a webtoon series where she recreates looks of characters in popular webtoons and that's been really interesting to see. I also really enjoy her photoshop series where she teaches you how to exaggerate and enhance features to appear more snatched.

Some of my favorite videos are:

Dear Peachie

This is a fairly new channel, they only started posting videos about a year ago and tbh I love them so much! This user takes Chinese tiktok videos and translates them so you get to learn about trends and techniques that are more suited for Asian features. I really enjoy the effective makeup videos that they post. This series gives you a lot of insight as to why certain things don't look quite right on you and how you can change your application technique to make the most of your makeup.

Some of my favorite videos are:

Nails

Jounail

I picked up doing my own nails at the beginning of lockdown because I couldn't go to my salon. I searched around for nail videos online that suited my tastes and somehow found this channel. I absolutely love all of her designs and her tutorials are super easy to follow! She shops a lot on aliexpress and posts all her tools and such in the description box so it's easy to shop for nail goods this way. I really love how over the top and glam her designs are but still wearable unlike those huge gyaru deco nails which are not for everyone.

Some of my favorite videos are:

Yerinails

I found this nail channel through my recommended after watching Jounail. Her designs aren't super bling based so it's nice to see things you could do with just polish or stickers. This is a fairly new channel as well so there aren't many videos, but the designs are really cute and I hope they keep making content!

Some of my favorite videos are:

Habom Nails

Alright so I absolutely adore the designs this channel comes up with. The designs are so unique and fun you basically change up your nail vibe every week and no two sets will give you the same energy. This channel works with both polygel and acrylic so this is a good choice for those of you working with either medium, whereas the previously mentioned channels only used polygel.

Some of my favorite videos are:

I hope you enjoyed reading this and maybe found some new channels to watch! I have a lot of other channels I didn't get a chance to mention so this will be continued in future posts~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you thought of this post! ♡

Strawberry On Top Of Cupcake