Welcome Message

*** Feb 4, 2024: New post is up~! ***

Friday, September 24, 2021

✨ OOTD & Big Hair?! ๐Ÿ’–

Hello angels! I recently got a d.i.a. top from Emi in the mail and was just itching to do a look. Here's what the top looks like:
I've been thinking about doing a hair set for a while but I just never do anything more than curls or waves because I don't go anywhere and even just curling takes me like 45 minutes with the amount of hair I have ๐Ÿ˜…

Usually I have around an hour to get ready to go out because most of my plans are spontaneous or last minute. If I had a day planned out I would be able to do more with my hair but that's just not how I live my life lmao

Anyways, sorry for the ramble here but basically I saw this top and felt like I just HAD to do something crazy with my hair. It was already curled from the wedding and had a ton of hairspray in it so it was perfect to work with on a hairset~
First off, here's the outfit:
top: d.i.a.
shirt: yesstyle
pants & shoes: chuu
bag: coach
jewelry: actl chanel, kate spade
I normally would've gravitated towards a classic fit with like, denim shorts and boots but I wanted to go for a more feminine look so I paired the top with a chiffon dress shirt and threw on jeans with heels. I really liked the celeb vibe it gave! 
For the makeup I tried a fun little smoky look with a shimmer line detail. I was inspired by a white line look I saw on Ariana Grande recently so I decided to try it out but gal style! 
I thought the line detailing would be a nice contrast to the shadow work I had on but with the way I take my eye photos a lot of the colors and details often get washed out so I'm still working on a way to take nice photos of my makeup. Please be patient with me while I figure this out ๐Ÿ˜ญ

This is what I ended up with:

This look was really well received since it's really different than stuff I usually do so thank you guys for the love and support ๐Ÿ˜‚
For the hair I thought about doing a tutorial but I don't really think I'm the best person for that. It's a bit hard to explain what I did so I drew out a hair chart and I'll just try to walk you through on what I did so maybe you can have an idea on how to do something similar?

So this is what it looks like:
The overall look is constructed of 2 ponytails on my head. one holding my bangs and the other behind it for volume.
So the front pony that's holding my bangs is divided into 2 parts. There's one part I used to create a faux fringe (blue) and pinned to the side. The other part (purple) is just curled and placed to cover the pinned area from the blue part. The left side of my head is exposed so I took a piece of hair there, braided it and pinned it back (the purple guide on the right side of the head)
my very poorly drawn hair diagram lol
The pony tail in the back (green) is just curled and teased to create a bouffant type look. The curls that fall from this are used to cover the pin that's holding the braid. I hope that this makes sense, hair tutorials like this are really not my strength lol ๐Ÿ™ˆ
I hope you enjoyed reading this post. Please let me know if you'd like to see more like this! I had a lot of fun creating this look. Thanks for stopping by today and I'll see you again soon~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you thought of this post! ♡

Strawberry On Top Of Cupcake