Welcome Message

*** May 1, 2024: New post is up~! ***

Monday, October 10, 2022

[Seattle 2022] Day 7 - Last Day & Goodbyes

 
Hello angels! Today we are wrapping up this vacation series. Thank you for being patient with me while I got through this. I had to space some of these posts out because I got caught up in kitchen repairs and haven't really had the time to sit down and edit or write 😓

I ended up accumulating another backlog of content because of this so I appreciate your understanding and patience while having to read like, month old content 🥺 I promise there's lots of fun and exciting posts ahead of this one so let's get into it!
We started the day early again because we had to clean and pack. Glenn had to be at the airport pretty early the next day and we said we'd drop him off so we wanted to make sure we didn't need to do anything the next morning.

The first order of business for the day though was to secure breakfast and of course I was still obsessed with Taco Bell so that's what we got. I put on something comfy and casual 
I got this new drink called a "mango whipped freeze" and I think about her every day. It's like a slushy with ice cream(?) in it so it tastes like a mango smoothie! We unfortunately do not have it in Canada so I will continue to think about her longingly until I visit America again 😭
We decided to grab the food and eat at the Airbnb, suffice to say we ordered too much and essentially doomed ourselves for the rest of the day in the name of Flavor 🤡
Glenn decided to grab a literal fistful of
Diablo sauce and that was definitely a Choice
We were so full afterwards we basically had to just sit for like 30 mins before we did anything else but it was Worth It 😂

After cleaning and packing most of our things we met up with Kohi for our last dinner together. We decided to try Din Tai Fung, which is a chain restaurant that specializes in soup dumplings. We don't have one in my city but people always rave about it so we decided to give it a try.
Glenn posing with their mascot
I really loved their little mascots sm
We ordered the soup dumplings to share, Kohi got the fried rice and Glenn got some appetizers as well.
Unfortunately the food was absolute dogshit. It was honestly the most insulting dining experience I've ever had. I've had bad Chinese food before but this was the most gentrified version of Xiaolongbao I've ever come across. Everything served was basically not seasoned at all and when I looked around the dining area I realized that we were literally the only Asian people there so I should've known it was awful haha

We ended up grabbing bubble tea from Boba Lust again and then parted ways with Kohi for the night. She gave me this adorable drawing she did of us and I put it in my display case when I got home 🥰 Isn't she so talented? I love it so much 💖
On our way home we actually almost got into a really bad car accident. I probably would've died or been severely injured but we were super fortunate we didn't make hard contact (there was a hairline graze on our bumper). Basically we were trying to make a left turn at this light but this giant pickup truck decided to run the red light and the driver didn't even hesitate they just floored it.

Thankfully I was paying attention and got Kevin to stop in time otherwise I probably wouldn't be here to write this. It was a bit scary but I didn't really feel scared until like, an hour later lol I was mostly mad because it was just another thing added to the long list of things that went wrong during this trip 😬 We got home safely and watched a bit of TV together before going to bed.
We got up super early the next day and headed to the airport to beat the morning traffic. It was bittersweet saying bye to Glenn but I was happy to have finally met him in person. We had so much fun and definitely need to plan more trips together in the future!!
The drive home was much faster than the drive down. We ended up getting back in about 3 hours and that included picking up Koji from my friend's place. He was so happy to see me and be back home.
Overall I think the trip had a lot more downs than ups which was super unfortunate because I can't think about the trip without thinking about all the bad things that happened. I am still very happy that I got to see Kohi and Glenn and that we were able to make a lot of happy memories together but I don't think I'd ever visit Seattle again because it's basically a lesser Vancouver imo lol

Kohi and Glenn both said they might come up and visit us at some point next year so I'm looking forward to showing them around town and making more fun memories together!
That's all for this post and for my vacation posts. Thanks so much for sticking around and I hope you enjoyed following me through my adventures with Kohi! I'll see you again soon~ 💕


No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you thought of this post! ♡

Strawberry On Top Of Cupcake