Welcome Message

*** May 1, 2024: New post is up~! ***

Sunday, October 2, 2022

[Seattle 2022] Day 5 - Exploring International District

 
Hello again angels, I hope you're doing well. I hope you're ready for some shenanigans because for some reason on this day I made a Choice to dye my hair at the Airbnb in the middle of my vacation. 

At this point we were having a lot of issues with the Airbnb so long story short I had to do this dye job in the kitchen sink (and I still thought it was a good idea) so buckle up it's gonna be a ride lmao
Kohi and I decided we'd have a more relaxed day since we were both really tired from having walked like 6-8 hours every day for the last 4 days, so we weren't meeting until later in the afternoon. This made me believe that day was the perfect time to dye my hair I guess 🤪 I woke up early again, had breakfast and got to work.
I've never used this shade in Iroiro's dye range so I wasn't prepared for it to lean more on the green side of undertones. All the red flags were there but I chose to ignore them so here's me mixing up the color in a bowl with a spatula (bc I didn't buy a color brush or gloves for that matter). 

Alright so just looking at it in the bowl I knew it wasn't going to be blue on my head but I went for it anyways and that's just very indicative of my mental state at this point due to all the problems we've endured so far 🤡
I was of course not shocked that it turned out Miku seafoam green but was still upset about it even though I willingly did this to myself 😂 I didn't hate it but this was not the outcome I wanted. I only used half the color in the package so I saved the rest for when I was home to fix this dye job. It was patchy and uneven but whatever I was going through it so this was the vibe.
Nothing a hat can't solve right 😅
Kohi came buy and we headed for the International district. She wanted to show us the Uwajimaya (grocery store) and Kinokuniya (Japanese bookstore) so that's the first place we headed to. We used to have a lot of these bookstores in my city but over the years they started shutting down one by one so I think we only have like 2 or 3 of them left. It brought back a lot of fond memories for me being here.

The entrance had a cute lil Totoro greeting you as you walked in 💖
The bookstore was two floors, the bottom floor had general stationary and books (kind of like Chapters!). The upstairs was the weeb corner, it had all the anime merch and manga. We spent most of our time up here trying to find gifts for friends.

Kevin found this tokusatsu and Gundam corner so he spent a lot of time in this area in particular 😅
I wanted this so bad but I couldn't justify the price cause I don't
really use cookbooks at all 😓
this was a really cute artbook that taught
you how to draw different foods!
They had a corner full of animal crossing plushes and Kohi took a pic of me grabbing the stuffed leaf. I asked her what kind of furniture she thinks it is and she told me to throw in on the floor to find out 😂😂
Kohi looking really disappointed they didn't have her
horse girl manga in stock (
ウマ娘 プリティーダービー)
I saw this gorgeous Godzilla embroidered スカジャン by the register and fell in love but it was $2000 💀 It was really well made though so the price is justified. I hope it goes to a good home!
There was a cute little bubble tea stand on our way out so we decided to grab a drink before exploring the neighborhood. 
We took some more cute pics together here too~ I love these sm I get so happy every time I see these 🥰
There were a couple of hobby stores in the area so we went to visit them for Kevin's sake. This one was really cute and tiny, the owner was very sweet. We chatted with him a little in Chinese.
Once we were done exploring we walked around to find some dinner. We had a few options but settled for dimsum at a place called Purple Dot Café because Kohi and Glenn had never eaten dimsum before. 
The food was surprisingly decent and reasonably priced, everything was delicious and we got a cute group photo as well 😍
After dinner I think we just hung out at the Airbnb. Not a whole lot of things were open late during our trip, most places other than the malls closed at like 7 or 8PM so it was honestly very boring at night.

I think this might've been the day I noticed this funny little display case in the lobby 😅
That's it for this one, thank you for reading and I'll chat with you again in the next one~ 💕


No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you thought of this post! ♡

Strawberry On Top Of Cupcake