Welcome Message

*** May 1, 2024: New post is up~! ***

Friday, October 7, 2022

[Seattle 2022] Day 6 - Exploring University District

 
Hello angels! I hope you're doing well. We're almost done these vacation posts, I hope you've been enjoying them so far ๐Ÿฅฐ
Day 6 we had a little bit of shopping and exploration planned. Kohi took us to the university district where they had lots of cool thrift shops and retro media stores. I got up early again to get ready~
We decided to go for a casual vibe since we were going to be walking a lot again and it was still really warm.
Kohi's bf wanted to grab some food first so we got ice cream while we waited for him to finish lunch. I got this Thai milk tea flavored scoop and it was really tasty but it left a weird waxy film(?) on the roof of my mouth which was super weird and I really did not like that lol
Our first stop was this media store. It was so nostalgic being inside I actually got a bit emotional seeing things from my childhood. It feels like such a lifetime ago!!
I saw all the Beatles stuff and immediately thought of Georgie haha
We checked out a few thrift stores and walked around after this before heading to check out the university campus for a scenic walk. I would've taken more photos but honestly it was such a nice day I was enjoying myself a lot just being in the moment I didn't really want to stop and snap a bunch of pics ๐Ÿ™‡๐Ÿป‍♀️
Their university campus was huge!! The buildings were so grand and reminded me a lot of like, Harry Potter? ๐Ÿ˜…

There was a huge fountain in the plaza which had ducks. They even built a little ramp for them it was so cute.
This was probably one of my favorite moments in the trip. It felt so nice and relaxing! Afterwards we wanted to go check out this cool streetwear store called BAIT.
It was really hard to find parking in this area because everyone was in town for the Renaissance fair and Emerald City Comic Con, so Kohi's bf dropped us off to shop.

I always loved checking out this store online but it was so cool to visit in person. It has a much smaller selection in store but everything was so fun to look at.
At the register they had this list of other local business to check out but we didn't have it in us to look that day so we'll definitely have to check them out next time we're in the area!
Kevin bought me this cute pair of dunks, I love them so much. I've never owned a pair before because I haven't seen a pair where I liked the colors enough (besides the Dior one but I can't talk about it or I'll cry ๐Ÿ˜‚)
For dinner we decided to try out Dick's. Kohi had been hyping this place up for the whole trip and after a full day of walking we were ready for some burgers. I loved the retro diner feel they had going on!

They have a very interesting business model. Basically you can only order what's on the very limited menu with no substitutions because their goal is to serve their customers as quickly and efficiently as possible. The whole menu is basically under $5 for every item and the portions are very reasonable!! Not too big or too small.
I got the deluxe burger and it was super tasty! I don't think it was as hyped up as Kohi was making it seem but for $4.85 I couldn't complain. I do think the price is the main selling point though, the food is good just not anything to rave about imo.

We sat in the parking lot and chatted while we ate. When we were done we headed over to Kohi's place so I could meet her lizard!
I think she mentioned he was shedding and maybe also sleeping at that time so it took a little bit to get him out but omg he's so cute haha
Look how angry he looks omg ๐Ÿ˜ญ I'm sorry for the disruption I just wanted to see your cute lil face ๐Ÿฅบ
We chatted a bit more but it was getting late so I didn't stay too long before heading back to the Airbnb.
Thank you for stopping by and reading! See you again soon ๐Ÿ’•


No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you thought of this post! ♡

Strawberry On Top Of Cupcake