Welcome Message

*** Feb 4, 2024: New post is up~! ***

Monday, December 13, 2021

๐Ÿ’†๐Ÿป‍♀️ My First RMT Visit & Recent Gets (+ mini reviews)✨

Hello angels, how are you? I feel like I haven't blogged about anything personal in a while so this will probably end up being a long post ๐Ÿ˜Œ

Today I got to officially start my winter holidays and I kicked it off with my very first visit to an RMT (registered massage therapist). I forgot that I had some extra funds in my health spending account so I'm frantically trying to spend it before the end of the year or else I lose it ๐Ÿ˜ญ

I was surprised to find out that my health insurance actually fully covered this visit so I'll have to use up the fund with something else later but anyways, I've never gotten a professional massage before (and I'm actually really ticklish) so I was quite nervous for this.
The RMT was super nice and thorough with his consultation and after about 10-15 minutes of getting to know my problem areas and lifestyle habits I was on the table and ready to get a new skeletal system lol.

The bed had a heated blanket and the massage took place over the blanket so there was very minimal skin contact (except when he massaged my wrists because I had told him I experienced pain there often -- probably due to working at a desk for years).

I walked out feeling super refreshed and ready to punch the sun so needless to say I will be making this a regular thing in my life. I honestly feel so grateful to finally be at a place in my life where I can afford to start good lifestyle habits and not feel guilty about it. I'm always looking for meaningful ways to improve my selfcare so I'm glad I was able to experience this!
After my appointment I ran to a few stores nearby to pick up some things. I grabbed some more of my favorite dry shampoo then headed to Sephora. Specifically I was looking to pick up the viral Clinique Black Honey lipstick and a refill on my body scrub but both of them were unfortunately out of stock ๐Ÿฅบ
I ended up getting a scrub that I had in my wishlist and the floor sales person suckered me into buying this lip gift set that had a mini version of the BH lipstick (it was the last one). Honestly I'm so glad I got this because I actually didn't end up liking that color on me BUT the texture was nice so I'd go back and buy the pink color at a later time. I also really liked all of the other products in this kit except for the YSL lipstick bc of the scent (which is a relief to me because I would d*e if I had to be a slave to this $50 nude lipstick lmao)

The checkout associate was super sweet, I saw him a few times before and he's always super nice to me. His eye looks are absolutely killer, today he had this icy blue cat eye going on. I'll have to ask for his insta next time so I can use him for inspo~ 

Anyways today he hooked me up with some fragrance samples and tbh I hate him so much for it because I used the Tom Ford one and it's absolutely delectable but the price tag is sending me to hell ($85-$835). 

The other one sounded nice (vanilla & blackberry) but it ended up smelling kinda nasty. I guess that'll be my big treat myself purchase when I get my work bonuses ๐Ÿค”
Ok so I know this post is already really long so feel free to come back later if you're not down to read this review rn but holy fuck I tried the body scrub and I'm literally so smooth I almost ate shit coming out of my shower because my feet had no grip ๐Ÿ˜‚
This was a really interesting product because it's not something you use in the shower. You're actually supposed to apply it on dry skin first then get into the shower and start scrubbing so I did that.
The first thing I noticed was the smell. It kinda smells sour and milky; like plain yogurt. I'm not a huge fan of that but I trucked through it and hopped in the shower. I started scrubbing away once the water hit and man I am shook as fuck bc that smoothness is instant. My skin felt supple and nourished, even in spots that usually remain a little bit rough. 

I have some redness and bumpy spots on the back of my calves but after using this one (1) time they are completely gone I'm fucking screaming. The Necessaire scrub (yes I'm gonna do the brand review for this soon I'm sorry I keep putting it off ๐Ÿ˜ฌ) I have been using minimized them but didn't get rid of them. They are legit gone after just one use!! 

The scrub came with a sample of the body lotion so I used that after as recommended. It was nice to use but also had a light yogurt-like scent. I will probably stick with the Necessaire fragrance free lotion but it was nice! I covered up the smell with some of the Tom Ford scent sample and now I feel like a rich bitch ๐Ÿ˜‚✌๐Ÿป
Alright so the last thing I wanna show that I got was this Instax Mini Link printer. One of my besties got this for me for xmas and I adore it so much. I actually was going to be sensible and use it just to print sentimental and meaningful pictures for a scrapbook I have but I ended up printing some meme-y photos and my bf had to remind to slow down since the film cartridges are a little bit pricey ๐Ÿคก
yes, this is the infamous photo of me
wearing sweatpants with my whole body
Ok I'm done rambling now. Thank you so much for reading if you made it this far and I'll see you in my next post! ๐Ÿ’–

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you thought of this post! ♡

Strawberry On Top Of Cupcake