Welcome Message

*** May 1, 2024: New post is up~! ***

Sunday, January 15, 2023

๐Ÿ’– Summer, Fall & Winter 2022 Makeup & Skincare Gets ✨

 
Hey angels! I've been doing a lot of shopping and while I haven't kept up with my blog about it I did still take photos and make notes on my thoughts about things so I decided to just do a huge photo dump here in case you were thinking about getting any of these products for yourself! 

This post is going to be quite long and I'm sure it will look like I've been spending like crazy but tbh I mostly shop on sale and these are purchases from June-Dec of 2022 all compiled into one post so I definitely did not buy all of this in one go ๐Ÿ˜…

Most if not all products can be found on my Shopmy page with links to purchase but I will try to link the products as I'm talking about them in this post so you can navigate to them easily ๐Ÿ’•
I put in a Yesstyle haul to restock on some of my favorite skincare and they sent me this contour palette to review.

The powder is buttery soft and I love that it comes with a small little angled brush! The brush fits perfectly in the contours of my face and make it very easy to apply this product.
The colors are bit warmer than I'm used to but the contour effect it provides is very natural. I highly recommend checking this one out or the peripera ink v shading palette (I use the #03 hazel grey color) if you are looking for an every day and travel friendly powder contour option!
This next product is my newest obsession. It's the Pyungkang Yul Deep Clear Cleansing Balm. I've never used a cleansing balm before so when I saw this getting released I knew I had to try it. I love PKY so much as a brand, their products are super gentle but effective. I know if I'm having a bad skin day I can always fall back on their products to restore and repair my skin and this cleansing balm is no exception!
I love how it comes with a little spatula that fits perfectly in the protective cap so you can keep your product sanitary!
The texture is super interesting, it's kind of like a sorbet? It immediately melts in your hands when you rub them together to create a creamy oil cleanser. It's very gently but effective at removing my makeup. I like to use this out of the pot then add a little of water to emulsify it. 

I use my ring and middle fingers to gently massage my eyes and this removes pretty much all of my makeup and about 90-95% of my waterproof mascara. After I was this off I'll double cleanse with any cleanser of my choice and finish up my eyes with a little micellar water or makeup remover on a cotton bud to get rid of any left over makeup there!
Next I did a small Sephora order. I grabbed some new brushes from Morphe, a brush cleansing soap, some of the Tower28 cream blushes and the Makeup by Mario Soft Sculpt Shaping Stick. I also got some fragrance samples from Killian Paris and Skylar which have now made their way into my daily rotation. 

The Killian one smells like a spicy apple pie and the Skylar one is just a very nice vanilla scent!
All of these were fantastic and have become staples in my makeup bag!! 
I had to restock on lashes so I put in an aliexpress order. I didn't realize that two of the listings were basically the same lash (the stock images were different) so I got 3 boxes of that style instead of 2 +1 different one ๐Ÿคก

You can find links to all these on my lash shelf.
I also wanted to try douyin makeup for work so I picked up these cute little spikey lashes. They're kind of small even if I glue them on sticking completely upwards so I don't think I'll get these again for that purpose. They are super cute when stacked with more natural wispy lashes so I might keep a box or two on hand just to do that!
I also went to the drugstore that day and saw that the one near me finally stocked the Milani color fetish matte lipsticks so I got the shade "tease". It's a very nice nude but it does dry down pretty matte so I like to wear a gloss on top!
Wishtrend was having a sale so I stocked up on skincare. I got my favorite Rovectin cleanser and skin treatment lotion as well as some products from Klairs. I love their Gentle Black Facial Cleanser and decided to grab some of their cleansing oil as well.
They gave me some samples of their sunscreen which I used on my work trip a few months later and I really like it! I think I'll buy the full size when I finish using up all my current sunscreens. It's got a very moisturizing formula and the texture is kind of like a lotion!
I've been wanting platform boots for a long time so I decided to treat myself to these Steve Madden ones. I love them so much but they are a "sock fit" boot meaning there is no zipper or any opening you have to just stuff your foot through.

The material is not that stretchy so it takes quite a few wears to break them in and even now that I've worn them for a few months I still need a few minutes to put them on ๐Ÿ˜ญ

These are the Cypress boots and I got them in both black and white.
They're pretty comfy and go well with a lot of gyaru outfits but it's very hard to fit your foot in comfortably if you are planning to wear stockings or tights because of how form fitting it is. I would suggest sizing up one or two sizes. I sized up only one size and I find that the longer I wear them the more my feet tend to slide towards the front and get crushed by the toe area so definitely only good for 4-5 hours of wear ๐Ÿ˜ฅ

The quality is nice though and they feel very comfortable otherwise! 
Elf was having a sale too and I have been wanting to try their poreless putty primer for a long time so I decided to put in an order.
Most of these were great; the only thing I didn't really like was the concealer (they sent me the wrong color), and the dewy coconut setting spray (white bottle). I feel like the setting spray didn't have a very good mister on the bottle so it ruined my makeup whenever I used it. I like it for daily or no-makeup makeup type looks so I've been using it up that way.

My favorite items were the game on setting spray (blue bottle) and the cookies n dreams eyeshadow stick! It's so creamy and easily blendable, definitely a superior version of the popular nxy jumbo eye pencil and the best part about it is that it's retractable!
I've been shopping a lot from Sephora and with the holidays around the corner I definitely took advantage of the gift sets so I could try lots of different items. I got the Dior lip oils as well as the Haus Labs one. I don't really prefer one over the other, there are qualities to both I like and dislike.

The Dior one feels a tad bit sticky and I don't like how thin it dries down but all the colors I've tried so far are gorgeous and I sometimes use them as a lip gloss! The Haus Labs one feels more comfortable but I'm not a fan of the color on me (I got the pink one).
The Aquis hair turban has been doing wonders for my hair. I feel like my hair is much softer now and less damaged. It's a little pricey but I think it's worth the investment!
I bought a travel size of the Killian Paris fragrance and also picked up this Tom Ford one on a whim. I love them both so much they're very sexy and mature scents, just perfect for onee/ane looks!
I wanted a new cool toned neutral palette so I got the Natasha Denona glam palette. It is pretty pricey as well but I really love the cool tones and shimmers. They work really well with my collection and this was perfect for travel.
I've been wanting to try the YSL Black Opium fragrance for a long time so when I saw the gift set I immediately jumped on it. I also wanted to try the Tom Ford body oils so I got the set for that too. I love both of the body oil scents so much!! I have never smelled Soleil Neige before this but I'm in love. I'm definitely going to buy the fragrance and stock up on the full size of both products when I finish these~ ๐ŸŒบ
I don't really own any comfortable and waterproof shoes so I picked up these cute fur Timbs. They're so easy to walk in and I love the little fur trim sm ๐Ÿฅบ๐Ÿ’—
Of course no haul will be complete without some jfashion items!! I wanted to get some more work oriented clothes so I specifically searched for blazers, sweaters, and dresses.
Unfortunately not everything fit me very well so I'm selling a few of these items on my depop
I actually forgot I even ordered these because I got these on aliexpress. I wanted to use these for like, fake eyelash extensions? Idk I was going through some shit LOL
These were ok but the glue they use to put them in the packaging made it very hard to take them out so I probably won't buy these again. They look ok as extensions but it's just too much work to get them out of the box so I might just stack them on top of some wispy lashes to use them up.
This was the last haul I did before my work trip and I'm so glad it showed up in time because I really needed some travel sized skincare. I ended up stocking up on a lot of other things like mascara and some items for my bf too~
The lip balms are so nice I think I'm going to buy a bunch the next time I order. They feel so hydrating and the flavors are so pleasant as well! I wanted to try some new lip oils too since I've basically been searching for the last 3 years to replace my favorite discontinued Chuu one.

I haven't been able to find one with a formula that I like yet but the Laka one in the photo (in the middle next to the pink boxes) is quite close! It's very comfortable but not as thick as I'd like though it wears down exactly the way the Chuu one did.
Finally, the last purchase I made was a year end Sephora haul. I wanted to try a new dry shampoo because the Dove one I was using had a recall last year. I ended up getting the Living Proof dry shampoo which is SUPER pricey but it's literally the best dry shampoo I ever used??? ๐Ÿค”

It legit makes my hair look freshy washed and doesn't leave as much of a white cast as other dry shampoos I've used.
I've been in love with purple blush lately too so I got a bunch of purple blush and highlighter products. They were all on final sale for super cheap so I'm happy I got to scoop them up!! ๐Ÿ’œ✨
morphe blush (bottom), fenty highlighter, and the fenty shadow stick on top
That's all for this post!! I hope this was helpful for you to read. Let me know if you decide to pick any of these items up for yourself ๐Ÿ˜Ž

Thanks for reading and I'll see you again very soon~ ๐Ÿฅฐ๐Ÿ’–


2 comments:

  1. I love seeing what other people buy lol! It satisfies the shopaholic in me~ I bought the same spikey lashes from aliexpress (the one you bought for douyin makeup). They are pretty but subtle :/ and omg I'm recently obsessed with perfumes so I got a sample of Angels' Share too and I didn't like it on me๐Ÿ˜ญ I really wanted to love it. And ooooh those Steven Madden boots are GORGEOUS, that sucks they aren't really comfortable ๐Ÿ˜ข. What I want to try based off of this post are the elf poreless putty primer and their eyeshadow stick!
    - Amiman♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omg me too haha it's kind of a nice way to discover new products/brands too without having to take the plunge yourself.

      I think my eyes are pretty small so I've had good results with the lashes but yeah if you have more pronounced eyes I can see them being much more natural/subtle.

      Oh no!! It's funny how perfumes work that way right? Maybe you would like the Skylar one I think it's a pretty universally flattering vanilla scent.

      I definitely recommend both the primer and shadow stick! ๐Ÿ’–

      Delete

Let me know what you thought of this post! ♡

Strawberry On Top Of Cupcake