Welcome Message

*** Feb 4, 2024: New post is up~! ***

Friday, June 3, 2022

๐Ÿœ Visiting a Specialty Udon Shop ๐Ÿ˜‹

 
Hi angels, how are you today? I had a pretty eventful weekend; Kevin and I met up with Branden and Steven to check out the specialty udon restaurant near my house that opened up last summer.

It's called Motonobu Udon and they specialize in fresh udon from scratch! It was another warm day so I wasn't sure this was a good lunch option but luckily they serve cold noodles as well so that's what I decided to get!
I decided to get the cold niku goboten dish which was udon with beef belly, burdock tempura and a tempura egg! 
The noodles were so yummy and chewy. I really liked the tempura egg and burdock! I wish they were more generous with their noodles because I basically had too many toppings by the end of the meal which is the complete opposite experience I usually have at other restaurants lol
Kevin and I also got the tuna and salmon aburi to share. Tbh it wasn't that good, they used really fatty cuts of fish and the rice was over-seasoned so it was just a salty and texture-less mouthful ๐Ÿ˜ฅ
Afterwards we went to the mall and got some pastries and coffee at a new bakery that opened up a few weeks ago! I got an iced matcha latte and Kevin got an iced mocha. I think my drink was a bit bland but the tea flavor was nice. I wouldn't get drinks there again, I think the Korean coffee shop in the food court was better than this.
So I have a little bit of a story to tell; I actually had to go to the post office to mail off some packages to Mando, Lyon, and Chris. Unfortunately when I got there it seemed like they were having trouble with their computers so it was really busy. I had to wait like 40 minutes but was patient with the 2 clerks as they were doing their best.

The lady behind me threw an absolute fit at the clerk that was helping me because we only had about 15 minutes before they closed at that point and she was upset she waited so long (20 minutes) and they didn't tell her the system was having issues. I was just so shocked like, clearly she could see them on the phone with a technician and only assisting people on one register. The clerk helping me informed her that she's trying her best, the other clerk is on training and the system is just having a bad day but they are trying to fix it. She said she was happy to help the lady if she wanted to stay past closing but instead of being nice she stormed off after saying some really nasty things. The man behind her in line and I spent the next few minutes comforting the clerk who was honestly on the brink of tears. I felt so bad for her ๐Ÿ˜ฅ

Unlucky for me at the end of all that I only managed to mail out Chris' package so I'll have to try again this weekend to mail out the other 2 which I've been trying to mail since January ๐Ÿ˜ญ 
Anyways, here's the makeup and outfit I put together. I was really wanting to wear this sweater but couldn't figure out how because most of my denim conflicts with this shade of blue. I remembered I got this cute skirt in one of my buyee hauls and it ended up being perfect for it!
I felt kinda cute ngl so there's more pics than usual oops ๐Ÿ™ˆ
Eye make close ups! I decided to go with a light wash of blue to compliment my top~
And here are some seflies without ig filters on them ๐Ÿ’–
Thank you so much for reading! I hope you have a lovely day. See you again soon ๐Ÿ’–

2 comments:

  1. I'm getting palpatations because AAAAH YOU'RE SUCH A GODDESSSSSSS <33333 also I swear everytime I see pics of udon, I crave it, and now I really really want some udon ;;

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ILYSM angel!! ๐Ÿฅบ๐Ÿ’–

      Honestly I feel the same way about like, noodles in general? I never go out of my way for them but every time I see a pic I'm like "yes I want that immediately." ๐Ÿ˜‚

      Delete

Let me know what you thought of this post! ♡

Strawberry On Top Of Cupcake