Welcome Message

*** Feb 4, 2024: New post is up~! ***

Monday, May 16, 2022

Movie Night ๐ŸŽฅ๐Ÿฟ

 
Hi angels, how are you? Last weekend I went to the movies for the first time in like 5 years. I was a big fan of going to see movies until Marvel developed their chokehold on the industry. Not that I don't like superhero movies but honestly it gets really boring and overwhelming when that's the only thing playing.

One of our friends invited us to see Dr. Strange with her since her husband isn't a Marvel fan so we met up with her for the 10:30 PM showing. I was a bit surprised to see how quickly the theatre filled up and it actually made me kind of anxious so I kept my mask on the whole time.
I did a pretty simple face but I liked how this turned out and it has been my go-to eye shape lately. I wasn't having the best selfie day so the only cute ones I got were with silly instagram filters ๐Ÿฅบ
Tbh I didn't really like the movie at all. I could write a huge long rant about it but essentially I think that the content matter in Dr. Strange is more serious compared to say, Guardians of the Galaxy. So for it to be filmed in the notorious Sam Raimi manner was very jarring and a lot of the plot points were basically pointless. It felt very much like a throwaway set up film for other franchises/movies in the future (which sucks bc all the things this could've been setting up aren't things I'm interested in ๐Ÿ˜ฅ)

Also the people sitting behind us were on a phone call for like an hour before they started chatting up their friends in the same row so that was really annoying. I get that people don't have very good social skills since the pandemic hit but I can't imagine paying full price for a movie just to talk through the entire thing ๐Ÿ˜“ maybe I'm just a boomer now lol
I didn't get a chance to take an outfit pic but here is the concept collage I did for it:
I wanted the bear bag to be the centerpiece of the outfit so I used brown as the accent on an otherwise neutral color palette~ It is still very cold and rainy at night here so this was a perfect fit to stay warm but cute! ๐Ÿฅฐ
That's all for this post, thank you for reading! I'll see you again very soon~ ๐Ÿ’–


4 comments:

  1. Omg I think the exact same when it comes to Marvel... I used to like them but now it seems like it's all they play in the cinemas. Sorry to hear that Dr Strange wasn't so good!

    I absolutely LOVE your makeup as always <333

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah yeah it's just so sad bc I loved going to the theater when I was a teenager ๐Ÿ˜ฅ

      I love YOU as always ๐Ÿ’–

      Delete
  2. Your outfit and make is so cute!!! And tbh I love movies but am not sure theater person at all. It's hard to sit so long !!
    (#`ะ”´)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks bb ๐Ÿฅฐ Yeah honestly movies are too long these days I feel like1.5-2 hrs was ok to sit in a theater for but now like, 2.5-3 is just too much man I don't got the patience for this!! ๐Ÿ˜‚

      Delete

Let me know what you thought of this post! ♡

Strawberry On Top Of Cupcake