Welcome Message

*** Feb 4, 2024: New post is up~! ***

Monday, May 9, 2022

☕ High Tea for Jennie's Birthday (picture heavy) 💕

 
Hello angels, I hope you are doing well. Last week was my best friend Jennie's birthday and we decided to go to high tea together! I've never been before so I was really excited to try it for the first time.

I got her a big box of chocolate covered strawberries and roses 🥰 I wanted to get her more things but I had helped some friends with their move so I'll be planning a cute picnic date for us at a later time to make up for it.
We actually planned our outfits weeks in advance. She wanted to wear lolita for this and the key point of the outfit was our matching bear bags:
I wasn't sure what to do for an outfit because I kept coming up with ideas that were cute casual, and cozy but I wanted to be more feminine and mature to match the theme of the café 🤔

I ended up going with brown as my statement color and using a cream/white base for the rest of the outfit. This ended up being my favorite outfit and look to date because I felt so comfortable and chic ✨
Here's the full outfit photos from the café. I don't know how to pose when someone else is photographing me and I definitely forgot to showcase the bear bag but you get the idea lol:
Jennie's outfit:
For makeup I went for something simple and per my usual routine as I woke up late that day. It ended up a bit messier than I would've liked because I ran out of time and I had to skip curling my hair so I felt like my look was really incomplete 🥺 I was totally having a meltdown.

Once I got to the café and saw myself in the mirror there I realized it wasn't as bad as I thought and that I shouldn't fixate on "perfection" that much. I just felt happy that I looked and felt cute, which is ultimately the most important thing in the end.
obligatory car selfie hehe
At the café they had a set menu for high tea. 
We chose to have chocolate and coffee macarons. She got a chocolate cake and I got a vanilla éclair. For tea I got a ceylon mint pot and she got earl grey. We picked the ham & swiss croissant but it was a bit small so we ordered a regular size one as well. 

Everything was super tasty and decadent. I felt very posh haha 😂✨
The éclair and croissant were my favorite, I am still thinking about them fondly hehe 😋
Jennie took some cute candid photos of me 🙈
After high tea we went to the Japanese convenience store across the street to pick up some snacks before heading home~
I had so much fun and was so happy to have pulled off this look. It's a bit different than I'm used to styling myself and honestly I have never felt more comfortable with myself. I'm looking forward to doing more outfits and looks like this in the future 🥺

I hope you enjoyed this post! Thank you for reading and I'll see you again soon~


4 comments:

  1. Omg I loved these pics, it looks like such a cute place! I hope I can go someday♡
    Your look was amazing here, I never would have guessed you were running late ;~; you matched the vibe of the cafe so well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you so much angel! Yes, I absolutely adored the interior so much it was very cute and posh. Thank you so much for your kind words 🥺💖

      Delete
  2. I want to go to high tea with you so bad ;; you're so cute and pretty and aaaaaah why are you so far away ;; <333

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks darling 😍

      Yes!! I would love to go to high tea with you. Maybe we can go when I visit Europe one day 🙈

      Delete

Let me know what you thought of this post! ♡

Strawberry On Top Of Cupcake