Welcome Message

*** Feb 4, 2024: New post is up~! ***

Friday, April 1, 2022

Birthday Celebrations - Part 3 (picture heavy)

Hi angels, I hope you're doing well! This will be my last birthday post. I had one more dinner planned at the end of last week and I also decided to go back to my nail tech, Jesse, as a little gift to myself.

I haven't seen her since the pandemic started and I really missed the experience of pampering myself in her care. I have taken all the necessary precautions and of course now that I am double vaxxed and boosted, I feel a bit safer going out for appointments. 
Jesse opened her own salon recently so I bought her some chocolate covered strawberries and roses to celebrate this milestone. 
I arrived at the salon a bit early but that was ok as Jesse was cleaning her station. We were the only ones there and it felt really nice to have some 1:1 time with her! The inside of the salon isn't that big but she made it really comfy and aesthetic with plants and statement décor, totally perfect for outfit pics hehe 🙈
I saw a cute pastel zebra set so I showed her the picture and asked her to "make it Jesse" like she always does. This is the result and I love it so so much!!
Afterwards Jennie came to pick me up and we visited this little snack shop across the street from the salon. It has all these funky and retro snacks. We got some dunkaroos and milk tea kitkats~
I ordered some sushi for myself~
This was my outfit and makeup for the day. I just wanted to be comfortable because my appointments with Jesse are usually 2-3 hours long so I don't have lower lashes on.
On Friday I had a reservation booked for this restaurant called Botanist. It's suppose to be a pretty popular fine dining spot. The reservations were difficult to get at a decent time, even though I booked it 2-3 weeks in advance the only time I could secure was 8:45PM.

Here's the look that I did for the night:
The restaurant is located inside one of the hotels downtown. The theme was really cute and aesthetic. They had a live piano player who was just poppin' the fuck off with covers of ghibli songs, simple and clean, and for some reason Britney Spear's toxic.
Time for food! We ordered lots of appetizers to share~
we got pan seared scallops, wagyu carpaccio, and charred octopus
my seared striploin, salted roast beets,
and my friend's lamb dinner in the back 
my other two friends got the dry aged duck breast,
they shared some with me and it was sooooo yummy!!!
for dessert I got the salted caramel ice cream
and it was the best I've ever had tbh
our family photo haha
can't believe we've been friends since 2005, time really flies 🥺
The hotel was also hosting some sort of art event as well so there were some cute pieces in the foyer.
Afterwards we called an uber home together~
That wraps up my birthday week celebrations. It was really nice to take a break from everything to spend time with my friends and appreciate myself. I usually get really depressed around my birthday because I tend to feel pretty lonely but this year I am bursting with love and gratitude for my friends 🥰 I think it was probably due to trying to get all my friend groups together at once. It's much nicer to break up into smaller pods and have quality time with everyone.

Anyways that's all for now, thank you so much for reading! I'll see you in the next post 💖

2 comments:

  1. AAAah THE NAILS!!!! I LOVE it when you do diff colours for each hand, and nothing looks better than pinkxblue <3333 congrats to your friend for opening her own salon!!

    Also... What kind of sushi is that? Is that cheese on top of it...?

    And the Botanist looks like an amazing place and I love your co*de for it! <33333

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you! Yes I felt like it's best to pick both colors when you can't decide haha. I was so pleased I was able to match the baby pink with the blue for this set~

      The sushi is cucumber, crab, house sauce and then it got torched! So no cheese on this one, just blowtorched mayo.

      Botanist was everything I ever dreamed of and now I know why it's so hard to get reservations there haha. Thank you so much sweetheart! I'm so glad I finally got to wear this coat hehe 🤠

      Delete

Let me know what you thought of this post! ♡

Strawberry On Top Of Cupcake