Welcome Message

*** Feb 4, 2024: New post is up~! ***

Monday, March 7, 2022

I Tried Chopa's Makeup 🤠

 
Hi angels! I hope you're doing well today. As I mentioned in a recent post, I've been really stressed and busy with work lately so I haven't been doing much with my makeup. I finally had some time this week to do something fun so I decided to do something super out of pocket and give Chopa's makeup a try.
Of course if you know me or have been following me for a while you know this is very very far from my usual style 😂 I mostly never do looks like this because I don't have the time to and with my eyebrows microbladed on, I don't have as much freedom to play with the brow/lid space like she does here. But despite that, I thought I would give it a shot anyways because at the very least if I don't like it, I'll learn something new in the process!
I went to her youtube and looked at some tutorials (x x) to get an idea of what she does and where she places her products. The most complicated part of this look for me besides the brows was the eye crease that she draws with liquid liner.
It seemed simple enough, she mostly just uses like 3 colors (white, pink, and grey for the namida bukuro). I don't quite have the same eye shape as her and she also uses eyelid tape so I had to adjust it a bit to work for my eyes.
There were a couple of challenges for me in recreating this look so I went to her youtube and looked at some tutorials (x x) to get an idea of what she does and where she places her products. The most complicated part of this look for me besides the brows was the eye crease that she draws with liquid liner. I also don't tan so I had to use my summer foundation with bronzer to give myself a bit more warmth to contrast the white makeup with.

Overall the look itself is rather simple, she doesn't use a lot of eye products and the whole look can be done with just 3 colors (pink, white, and grey). This is what I ended up with:
Pic to show with lens vs without lens:
lens-less just does not hit the same y'all
I didn't want to waste the effort of this look so I put on an outfit and teased my hair a bit. It was so weird looking at myself bc of how intense this was but I had so much fun! Here's the pic spam:
That's all for this post! How do you think I did? Is there anyone's makeup you want to try but haven't had the courage to yet? I really encourage you to take the leap and just go for it!! 🥰

Thank you for reading, I'll catch you again soon~

2 comments:

  1. so cute!!! I love how clean you do your makeup :D I really think gyaru makeup takes some skill to do x-x Especially when its complicated...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you so much!! Yes, gyaru makeup is complicated in that it requires you to have a pretty good basic understanding of makeup application and working with your own features. You are trying to exaggerate your features to create a desired look and if you don't have a strong handle on working with your features it can be really challenging so I always recommend that newbies and baby gals spend as much time as they can experimenting with different makeup styles to see what best suits them!

      Delete

Let me know what you thought of this post! ♡

Strawberry On Top Of Cupcake