Welcome Message

*** Feb 4, 2024: New post is up~! ***

Wednesday, November 24, 2021

✨ Iro Iro Hair Dye Review & New Hair Reveal ๐Ÿ™ˆ

[Disclaimer]: This review is not sponsored and will be my 100% honest opinion based on my personal experience with the product. I have an education in cosmetology but I am currently not a licensed professional. If you choose to copy my methods or techniques you are doing so at your own risk. I recommend that you see or consult a professional before coloring or bleaching your hair yourself at home.

Hello angels! Today I'm going to be reviewing the hair dye I got in my mini haul from the other day. I bought a few different colors but I will mostly be reviewing the Iro Iro Silver and Neon Pink dye. I'll walk you through my whole process and give you my final thoughts on it as an alternative to Overtone and Arctic Fox.
So I was using the Schwarzkopf BlondMe Blush Wash in silver and strawberry for upkeep recently. I didn't like the strawberry color much but I wanted to use up the product. This is what it looks like kinda faded out:
I thought it would be a good idea to strip out all that first before using this new color so I sat myself for a stripping mask (baking soda, developer, purple shampoo, and dish soap). I let that sit in my hair for maybe 30-45 minutes and then rinsed it out and dried my hair.

This is what it looked like after stripping the color out:
Ideally I would've liked to do another round but I ran out of baking soda so I left it like this.
Now that my hair is prepped, I went ahead and mixed up the color. You don't have to mix it with anything you can use it straight out of the package but I was afraid the pink would be too neon and the silver would be too dark, so I diluted it with some conditioner.
I added a tiny bit of Iro Iro's Purple to the pink because it was feeling a bit warm but otherwise these are just mixed with some conditioner.

I applied it to my hair and let it sit for about 30 minutes as per the instructions.
Pro tip: if you don't have a coloring cape (mine was in the wash from the stripping mask) just cut some holes in a garbage bag and you've got yourself some home salon couture ๐Ÿ˜‚
Once the time was up I rinsed and dried. This was the result:
Here's a before and after comparison that I posted on IG. As you can see the pink part didn't really show up the same way as it did in the pot but the silver was spot on.
I wasn't satisfied with this so I actually did another round of color on the pink to try and make it more vibrant. This time I didn't mix any of the purple in, I mixed in the pink and some conditioner into whatever I had left over in that pot of color and this was the result after letting it sit for another 30-40 minutes:
It's super bright and obnoxious but that's what I wanted! Since I still had a little purple in the mix it didn't turn out too warm for my liking so I'm pretty happy with how it turned out.
Pigmentation: ♥♥♥♥ 
The coverage on this was fantastic. Once I hopped in the shower the water basically ran clear after a minute or two and the color was pretty true to what was in the bowl for the most part. I think if you start mixing or diluting it your results will vary but if you stick to just what's in the package & add some conditioner you'll get what you see.

Packaging: ♥♥♥♥♡
I adore that these come in a squeeze package instead of a traditional tube, bottle or tub. This lets you get every last bit of product out without wasting any. My only complaint is that I wish it came in a bigger size because it took 1 package for each color on my head and that was barely enough.

Price: ♥♥♥♥♥
I got these at Sally's for $15.99 CAD each (+tax on top). Compared to Arctic Fox ($26.99 CAD on Amazon) and Overtone ($25 USD + tax and shipping) for the same amount of product, this is a steal and more accessible for me with no shipping times.

Overall Rating: ♥♥♥♥♥ 
Compared to AF and OT, this made my hair feel the best. OT leaves my hair feeling kind of slimy and AF didn't do anything for my hair in that department. My hair is super soft and silky without needing to condition on top and the color is more vibrant than the other two competing products. I am very happy to have discovered this brand and I'm thankful to all my friends who recommended this to me!
I hope this was a helpful read! Let me know if you've tried any of the other colors from this brand or if you have any hair color brands you'd recommend me trying.

Thanks for reading and I'll catch you around later~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you thought of this post! ♡

Strawberry On Top Of Cupcake