Welcome Message

*** Feb 4, 2024: New post is up~! ***

Saturday, November 20, 2021

๐ŸŒญ City Food Tour ๐Ÿ˜‹

Hello angels, how are you? It's currently storming here and we're experiencing floods and landslides ๐Ÿ˜ฑ I've just been staying put at home and bundling up with Koji.

A few weeks ago I got to meet my online friend, Mui, and took them on a city (food) tour. I've known them for a few years now but we never had a chance to meet. They came out from the island for their birthday weekend and it was really fun to hang out and spend time with them irl!

I woke up late and had to rush through my hair and makeup. I didn't really like it that much but it was fine for the time I had

I also did my nails specifically to meet Mui with them and it was an absolute riot when they discovered what the message said ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

My bf and I met Mui at the mall and we grabbed some Japadogs for lunch. It was cold and rainy but we sat outside to eat because there were way too many people inside the mall that day ๐Ÿ˜ญ

Mui got the regular one, I got the wagyu beef one and my bf got one that was kind of like a chili cheese dog! Even though it was gloomy out this was perfect and warmed us right up.
After that we walked around the mall a little and visited a hobby store. We also got bubble tea! I grabbed this dalgona coffee one and man, it was so strong lol it tasted like a double espresso shot with someone yelling the word "milk" at me from another room.
not sure why the hobby store has such
large mirrors but I snuck an outfit pic hehe
We made dinner reservations at a yakiniku restaurant in the next city over but it was still really early in the day so we headed for a konbini that recently opened near my house. It was super tiny and didn't have that many things to buy but I picked up some snacks that looked interesting.
After that we went over to my house so Mui could meet Koji and we just hung out for a bit. I took this chance to change into something warmer and redo my hair/makeup.
I felt much better about this eye look and was excited to use some of my new makeup from my beauty bay haul to create it~ I don't think I've ever worked with green eyeshadow before and I was really happy with how this turned out ๐Ÿฅฐ
After I got ready we headed out to the next city over where we had dinner reservations at a yakiniku restaurant. We still had some time to kill so we stopped by a mall nearby to visit OOMOMO (formerly Daiso, I think they had to rebrand for legal reasons? I'm not sure). 

I was really surprised to see some really decent quality Korean and Japanese brand makeup, skincare and home goods now! When it was still called Daiso the vibe was very dollar store-esque but now it feels more like an all-purpose general store? The price point is a bit higher than before but still reasonable and the selection is even bigger than before.
One of my ice trays split open so I had to get some new ones. I also got some eyebrow razors, an eyelash curler and some snacks!

We found yet another hobby store and again, they had a full body mirror! Idk why they need such big mirrors in these places but man I wish we had more full body mirrors in like, women's bathrooms or something ๐Ÿ˜… I snuck another outfit pic. It was absolutely freezing and I was basically walking the entire time so I'm sorry my outfits aren't the most gal. 
bf wanted to be in the pic too ๐Ÿ™ˆ

Finally it was time for dinner and I'm not gonna lie I was pretty hungry. We ordered one of the set course meals and another plate of meat on the side. It was quite a bit of food but soooo tasty. I'm still thinking about it tbh!! I really missed going out to eat.
We got bubble tea again after (because dessert is stored in the second stomach) and then dropped Mui off at their hotel. The next day I made breakfast and Mui came back over to my place to pick up some things and say goodbye as they had to catch the ferry back to the island. 
me and my bf's breakfast; mine is spam and egg
with simmered burdock and carrot on rice
my bf's breakfast was potato croquettes, spam, egg,
qpie mayo, furikake, and okonomiyaki sauce on rice

I had so much fun hanging out and eating my way across the city. I really missed going out but I was super exhausted after, I ended up sleeping for like 2 days lol.

Anyways, that's all I had to share. I hope this post was fun to read, I'll see you next time~!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you thought of this post! ♡

Strawberry On Top Of Cupcake