Welcome Message

*** Feb 4, 2024: New post is up~! ***

Sunday, January 31, 2021

๐Ÿ’™ Kyiiripu Inspired Makeup & New Gets ๐Ÿ’™

 

Hello again angels! I've been trying to adhere to a no-buy rule I set for myself since lockdown started last March. I haven't been sticking to it 100% but it's helped me keep my finances in check and not overspend on things I don't necessarily need in the moment. So far I've only bought a few extra skincare items when restocking things I've run out on and a handful of clothing pieces here and there when a sale is happening.

I did a closet clean a while back and realized I got rid of most of my warmer sweaters because they were too frumpy on me. It's gotten really cold here in the last 2 weeks so I picked up some cute items from Forever21. I used to shop there all the time (especially when I worked there), so I was really sad to hear they were closing all their Canadian stores. I'm glad that they were able to regroup and relaunch their online store again because as much as I hate fast fashion they always had a lot of gems pop up from time to time!


I ended up picking out these cute fuzzy oversized cropped hoodies, a very adorable heart print mesh crop top and a grid pattern skirt.

The hoodies are soooo soft and cozy, I could probably live in them for the rest of winter haha. I really love the mesh crop top as well, I wasn't so sure it would fit me very nicely but it's actually so adorable and not too short in the crop (which is what I was worried about).

Of course with every try-on you know I gotta do a gal beat. This time I used a picture of Kyiiripu as inspo. I really adore her bold and clean makeup. As you guys know I don't usually do a super dark or dramatic droop so this was really fun for me to try!
I couldn't really see how she had her outer corner done so I just winged it ๐Ÿคช (looks like there's a greyish or brown shadow before she does her dark black droop but I can't be sure)
I could've done the droop cleaner by using eyeliner instead of shadow but I honestly didn't want to draw on like half an inch of black on there in case I messed up since shadow is easier to cleanup. I also applied my lower lashes horridly on my left eye so that's why you can't see them LOL oops. Y'all already know I'm messy and inconsistent ๐Ÿ˜‚

Here's a selfie dump~
I think the next time I attempt an eye look like this I'll wing out my liner a bit more and do a better job emphasizing the eye bag area. I had a lot of shimmer shadow on there but that kind of got drowned out by the lashes since I don't have very big or prominent eye bags. I'd also definitely define the droop a bit better in my next try as well but overall this was a really cute look and I enjoyed recreating it!

I think I'll try to put together a Valentine's look with that mesh top and maybe a sweet or dolly eye to go with it so please look forward to that ^^;;

Thank you always for reading and I'll see you again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you thought of this post! ♡

Strawberry On Top Of Cupcake