After coming back from New York I was already immediately missing Reina and Vix. I was trying not to be to glum about it but Kevin was sweet and took me to the mall to cheer me up. He bought me a lil guy for my bag and some treats which really lifted my mood. We picked out this Mickey because it reminded me of Kevin and I couldn't help but laugh at his little expression every time I looked at him lol (•ᴗ•,, )
Later we met up with some friends for dinner. We went to this new (at the time) katsu specialty restaurant where they give you unlimited rice, salad and soup refills. We took some silly photos first of course (¬ᴗ ´¬ )
I thought it was insane that you could even get refills on anything here because the portions were gigantic already. We all left completely stuffed and probably could've just saved on gas money by rolling home ꉂ (´∀`)
I ordered the katsu with radish and ponzu. It was absolutely decadent.
I didn't like any of the selfies I took that night but my makeup that day was on point af. I think to this day, this is still one of my all time favourite eye looks I've ever done. Maybe I'll make a tier list or ranking post next so I can share them all with you (╭ರ_•́)On our anniversary day Kevin told me he had a very special and fancy dinner planned so we kept the day pretty lowkey. I made us lunch which was baked mackerel, rolled omelette, miso soup, and rice with some kimchi. I tried to take an aesthetic photo but after I snapped it I realized my table decor was seriously lacking!! \(”˚☐˚)/
I've since gotten rid of these placements and got some cute ones instead. I'll show you next time (ㅅ´ ˘ `)
To make this milestone anniversary extra special, Kevin had made us a reservation at Okeya Kyujiro. It's a theatrical omakase restaurant that opened in Vancouver in 2022 but because it's reservation only with very limited seats every night, we just never really found a reason to check it out before this.
The seating is quite intimate and we were so fortunate to have gotten the seat directly facing the chef.
| our view ( • ̀ω•́ )✧ |
It was a really involved experience with a lot of different courses. For each one there was a theatrical element/performance to it and the chef would explain the ingredients and preparation to us. Funny enough I think every other party seated with us that night was also either celebrating a birthday or anniversary so the overall vibe the whole night was incredibly positive and heartwarming!!
Every dish we got was so beautiful I felt so bad eating it but the flavors made me feel a bit less guilty about ruining these tiny works of art (˵ • ᴗ - ˵ ) ✧ I've never had anything like this before so this was truly one of the most fun and memorable dining experiences I've ever had.
I don't think I have photos of each course because there were literally like 25 of them but I think you get the idea ദ്ദി◝ ⩊ ◜.ᐟ
I was so touched that they had prepared a special dessert for us and the chef offered to take our picture where we both look stupidly polite for some reason ( •᷄ᴗ•́)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Let me know what you thought of this post! ♡