Welcome Message

*** Sept 28: There will be a new post every day this week! Thank you for reading, I hope you enjoy your stay ٩(ˊᗜˋ*)و ***

Wednesday, September 30, 2026

[Oct 2024] October Recap

 
Hi angels, hope you're having a great week so far. I'm sure I've mentioned this before but fall is usually the busiest time for me with work because that's when Call of Duty releases. This was one of my toughest years tbh and I was still struggling a lot with my grief. I tried really hard to put on a brave face and thug it out, but I ended up needing to go to grief counselling because of how hard the anniversary of my dad's passing was hitting me.
I think I've always used my appearance as an outlet for these kinds of feelings since I was old enough to whether it was piercings, tattoos or dying my hair. This time around all my maintenance appointments all lined up at once so I got my nails and hair done around the same time, which helped me cope a lot tbh (。ᵕ ◞ _◟)

I got this fruit themed nail set instead of going for a Halloween theme. I felt like I needed a little whimsy and uplifting instead of something spooky or gloomy.
I wasn't feeling very inspired or creative with my hair but I was tired of blonde so I kind of settled on this pink and blonde split dye. I thought it was cute at first but I ended up really disliking it once it faded because it just didn't feel like "me". Also I feel like pink hair reminds me too much of my rancid ex best friend so I desperately wanted this off my head after like 2 weeks.
Despite all that I made it to launch day and was happy to add another cool project to my resume. We launched Call of Duty: Black Ops 6 and the office was decorated with lots of cool branding though I can't show a lot of the in-office stuff for privacy and legal reasons. 
We also got a bunch of custom treats to celebrate. I'm always impressed by the local cake making talent because what do you mean someone made a bunch of fondant bullets and stuck it on a cake for us ∘ ∘ ∘ ( °ヮ° ) ?
Unfortunately I was so mentally and emotionally exhausted at this point I didn't even really celebrate this achievement at all. I want to say that it got better soon but 2025 was also really hard for me work-wise. Honestly things didn't really get better for me until I got my promotion this year and tbh I still feel very drained but I'm optimistic that things are getting better for me with each passing day so I just need to keep my head up (ᵕ • ᴗ •)
That's all for this post! Sorry it wasn't the most cheerful but I promise the next post will be a lot more exciting. Chat to you again soon! ♡


No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you thought of this post! ♡

Strawberry On Top Of Cupcake