Welcome Message

*** Sept 28: There will be a new post every day this week! Thank you for reading, I hope you enjoy your stay ٩(ˊᗜˋ*)و ***

Sunday, September 27, 2026

Post Summer Update ˚˖𓍢ִ໋❀

 
HellooOOoOOOooo is this thing on? ヽ(°〇°)ノ

How are you angels? I hope you enjoyed your summer! I fear that keeping up with social media has become almost entirely uninteresting and joyless for me so I've been living very offline these days. Every day there seems to be some new thing trending that just drains and depresses me so I've been spending more time away from screens.

That being said, I've missed blogging a lot so I have been meaning to make an effort to return regularly but I've been spending extra time at work this year because I was securing a promotion. I'm happy to say that I finally got it this month, but it felt really underwhelming and I'm not entirely satisfied with it so I think I'm going to try and go for another one really soon rather than to take things a little slower like I planned (。ᵕ ◞ _◟)

Anyways, I'm not really sure what I'd like to do with this blog. I still have a lot of backlog posts I want to share but I also want to talk about things in the present so I think I'll start doing a mixture of both. I was always adamant about having posts in a chronological order because I like having my blog serve as a personal diary, but I find that I care much less about those kinds of arbitrary restrictions now and I just want to focus on doing things that I enjoy and make me happy right now ദ്ദി◝ ⩊ ◜.ᐟ
For this post I guess I will follow a similar style of post to my last big update and just share some highlights from February until now. I'm sure I'll make dedicated posts to some of the more involved topics in the future.

Finished Tattoo

20 hours later I finally finished my sleeve!! It hurt so bad in the elbow but it was worth enduring because I love it so so sooooo much.
I'm still getting used to dressing myself around it because it's such a big piece and the colors are really bold, but it makes me feel complete and I love looking at it hehe (˵ ¬ᴗ¬˵)

Self Care

A big focus for me since finishing my tattoo is to lock in and take better care of myself. Now that I'm on ADHD meds I feel like I am better equipped to actually get my shit together.

I set a goal in June to finally get fit but since I was still healing from my tattoo I focused on forming better eating habits and repairing my relationship with food. I downloaded an app to track my intake and macros while deliberately focusing on hitting protein and fiber goals instead of counting calories. I felt like this was a more reasonable and approachable method than anything else I've tried in the past and gradually I was able to curb my emotional/boredom snacking by eating more nutritionally whole meals.
smoked salmon and egg toast with
a marinated tomato salad
baked salmon and veggies
soy marinated tofu and eggs with kimchi
and mixed grain rice
Once my tattoo finished healing I went to get a DEXA scan to get a better understanding of where my body was at and it..... was not good lol but that's ok because I was just coming out of a very long period of recovery so I knew I was in bad shape.

After the scan I spent some time creating a fitness routine and lifestyle that I could adopt and sustain long term. I started with mobility exercises and stretching before moving on to weight lifting. At the time of writing this post it's been about 3 months since I started and I've lost over 10lbs and gained a bunch of muscle. I also did a follow up scan and was proud to learn that I successfully did a body recomp and went down almost 3% in body fat! I'm going to do another scan in the new year and my goal is to go down another 3% while building more muscle ( • ̀ω•́ )✧

Intentional Curation

I mentioned in my last update that I was going through a decluttering phase with my closet. I still have a ton to get rid of but I've made a lot of progress in removing items that don't suit me or that I don't wear. I think I just need to do a little at a time until I eventually get to a place where I'm happily wearing everything instead of having random items collecting dust in the back of my closet.
Lately I've been using pinterest more to help organize my fashion inspo. I realized I'm quite a visual learner so having pictures grouped together on a board makes it easier for me to see what my "boom" is and also to pick out the different ways I could style the same item. I still need to have some separation between my professional and off-duty/casual wardrobe, but I think I've narrowed it down to a few core elements for each of these which makes coming up with a coherent personal style way less difficult.

I feel like I need to be a different version of myself at work because of the corporate environment and politics, so I'm leaning into that with my wardrobe too. Part of that means I have to adhere to certain style choices that I probably wouldn't outside of a work setting but I think that's ok and makes dressing up outside of work more fun. 
some "office style" inspo I have saved
I'm currently using work as an opportunity to experiment with being a polished looking adult lol. I try to imagine like I'm dressing up to work at Vogue or something so I naturally want to avoid super casual items (sweatpants, tshirts, hoodies, etc) and reach for more tailored and intentional items like trousers, midi skirts, and slingback heels. 

This gives me a good base to rework my gal identity too. I've been gravitating towards Chinese streetwear, off-duty model, and ane gyaru aesthetics so being able to see that clearly in my boards has really helped solidified my decision to part with more cutesy or floral items in my closet. I've struggled with this a lot in the past because I still really like hyper-femme & cute styles, but I think I've finally accepted and embraced the fact that I just don't like those styles on myself and that I can find my own way of expressing femininity and cuteness.
my current off-duty/gal inspo

Makeup & Skincare

I've also started applying this intentional curation mindset to my makeup and skincare routines. I always felt pressured to keep a full roster of products and alternatives in case my favourite thing got discontinued or reformulated, but this has honestly been a very suffocating and needlessly stressful way to live.

I've been paring down my collection slowly by using things up and only repurchasing my absolute favorites. I'm not on a "no-buy" or anything like that, but I'm trying to be more intentional with my consumption so whether it's clothes, makeup, skincare, or contact lenses, if I'm not completely obsessed and in love with it I will not buy it no matter how much of a bargain or discount it may be ദ്ദി˙∇˙)ว

I actually just made a post on insta about my favourite skincare products so if you wanna check that out I'll put it here:
In terms of actual makeup styling, I've been really into glueless lash clusters and less dramatic contact lenses. I guess I'm reaching full aunty status at this point haha. It's been over a year since I got my double eyelid surgery and I've noticed that now that everything is settled, all of my old strip lashes are far too large and dramatic for my new eye line.

The diy lash cluster extensions I was doing in my last update were a little more flattering than strip lashes but tbh I just don't enjoy the feeling of having something stuck on my eye for like 3 days straight. My sister had bought me a box of glueless lashes from her vacation in China and I've been hooked ever since. I went a little bit crazy on yesstyle with my commission payout and bought a whole bunch to try haha (ᵕ⸝⸝• ᴗ •) I know it's a lot but anything I didn't like I just gifted to friends so nothing went to waste!
Not sponsored but if you're interested in any of them I'll link them for you in order from left to right in the photo. If you want to support me and get a discount with your order you can use my code NASSST at checkout ♡
I've been trying out different combos and styles for work and gal which has been really fun. This sort of look has been my go-to for work because it's quick and easy. Unfortunately, a lot of these glueless cluster styles are pretty natural so I don't really think they're the best for gyaru.
My perfect lash combo for gal right now is a strip lash on top with clusters on the bottom. It gives me the maximum amount of comfort while still reading gal. I've been going a bit lighter on my undereye makeup so that the clusters can stand out more but overall I think this is my favourite way to do my gyaru makeup these days.
I would say that if you want to go for a full cluster gyaru look you definitely need to opt for the most dramatic and spikey styles you can find or they just won't show up through your eyeshadow and liner. Even with all the different ones I tried so far, I think only like 2 of them could pass in a gyaru look (and barely at that). I don't think any of the bottom lash styles I've tried so far are dramatic enough for gyaru so I've mostly been using the Amazon clusters in my last post (and in the above pics) but they are unfortunately not glueless. I think if I want a better selection of glueless bottom lashes I'll have to buy straight from Taobao (。•̀ ⤙ •́ 。ꐦ) !!!

You also don't need to go buy a bunch of new lashes if you want to try clusters. You can just cut up your existing strip lashes and just glue them on in parts! I was really good about using up all my strip lashes so that's why I went and bought a bunch (≖⩊≖)
Other than that I've mostly been spending time catching up with friends and checking out all the local summer events that have been happening in my city. I think this post has gotten long enough though so I'll stop here for now and share more about those events in their own posts. 

I hope you enjoyed catching up with me! Thank you for reading and I'll chat to you again soon in the next post ⋆˙⟡

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you thought of this post! ♡

Strawberry On Top Of Cupcake