Welcome Message

*** Feb 4, 2024: New post is up~! ***

Tuesday, September 27, 2022

Wedding Tings From August ✨

 
Hi angels! Apologies for disappearing again, I meant to post this so long ago but I just got swept up in a bunch of things going on in my personal life. For starters I am in the process of making some moves at work so that's taken up most of my energy but also about 2 weeks ago I discovered a leak in my kitchen 😭

My landlord has been great and we're in the process of fixing it but it ended up being a bit more of a complicated situation so we had to get the home insurance company involved and now it's a whole process with no real timelines 😓 Anyways, without getting into too much more detail that's taking up all my time rn so I apologize that I'm still behind on my posts. I hope to get caught up this week so thanks for being so patient! I missed blogging so much 🥺
Back in August I went to a wedding just before my trip to see Kohi. It was for one of my cousins on my mom's side of the family. I basically have 0 relationships on that side due to personal choice but this cousin has always been kind to me so I decided to attend. She actually got married last year in Hong Kong but due to the travel restrictions none of us could attend in person so we watched over zoom.

They decided to come back to Vancouver for good so they held another wedding ceremony and reception for all of us here! I was a bit anxious about going since I wasn't sure if my mom's family was going to bother me or not but it ended up being a very lovely evening.
I had ordered a dress from my last buyee haul for this but unfortunately it didn't fit me very well so I had to improvise an outfit. I decided to go for a more mature/onee vibe by pairing a tube top with a maxi skirt and I ended up really liking the look!
For the makeup I kept it pretty simple and neutral. That side of my family is really annoying and love to nitpick so I didn't want to do anything too crazy in case they decided to be rude to me. I adored how this turned out and was really proud of myself haha
Here's some selfie spam 🙈
We skipped the ceremony and decided to just go to the reception because I was really anxious about spending too much time with this crowd. We showed up just as the ceremony and photos were wrapping up and everything went surprisingly smooth/drama-free. I requested to be sat away from the family so my cousin was nice enough to seat me with my sister at a table adjacent to the main family table and wedding party table.
the beautiful newly weds!
Dinner itself was nice; it had several courses. We got to pick our entrée beforehand and we both picked the beef. 
this was a very strange salad I don't
even know how to describe it other than
it had every vegetable known to man in it with
a very weird sour dressing
this was a nice cheesy garlic pasta
our entrée with mashed potatoes and carrots
this was like a chocolate ganache situation
Kevin and I aren't super big on taking photos together but we have a new tradition where we take a picture together at events with a sloth filter and it's quickly becoming a very large collection of ridiculous images lol
We then tried our best to take some proper pictures~
I also got my sister in on the sloth filter pics I can't stop laughing at this one 😂
We also took some proper pics that turned out really cute!
More selfies because why not 🤠
It ended up being a lovely evening. We didn't stay too late since we both had to work the next day but I actually got a lot of closure for some things I was struggling with in regards to that side of the family. I felt very at peace and was happy that everyone could see I was doing well without them, especially my mom.

Anyways that's all for now, I'll catch you in the next one! 💖



No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you thought of this post! ♡

Strawberry On Top Of Cupcake