Welcome Message

*** Feb 4, 2024: New post is up~! ***

Wednesday, September 28, 2022

[Seattle 2022] Day 1 - Travelling From Canada

 
Hello angels! Thanks for being so patient with me as I got through my backlog. I'm finally caught up now so I can talk about my vacation to visit Kohi in August.

I wasn't planning on taking a vacation this year but to make a long story short, Airbnb held my money hostage from a trip I had planned in 2020 and if I didn't book something this year I would essentially forfeit like $1800. Kohi mentioned that August was her birthday month so I thought it would be nice to see her and celebrate since she's only about a 3-4 hour drive away from me.
We decided to drive through the border because our airport is experiencing a lot of delays and long lines. We figured this would be the most painless option and we'd also get a little freedom with having our own vehicle.

Kevin and I started our morning pretty early as we wanted to get to the Airbnb at around 3PM for check-in. We got ready and grabbed some McDonalds around 10AM before making our way to the border. 
Since we had to get up early, it was incredibly warm, and we'd be in the car most of the day, my makeup was really light and simple. I actually ended liking how the top liner turned out a lot so I continued to do it the same way for the rest of my trip lol
It took us like 6 hours to get to our Airbnb because there was a stall at the border. I think we sat there in the sun for like 3 hours 😭 
This little white building is the Peace Arch monument, there's like a park and stuff around here for people to hang out but usually from this point to the actual border gate is like a 10-15 minute endeavor. We were stuck here for an hour lol.....
After what felt like a lifetime we were finally through. A lot of the truck crossings/rest stops were closed along the way so we stopped by Bellis Fair to use the restroom and stretch before continuing. It was really sunny and rush hour traffic was starting to pick up so the remainder of our drive was kind of stressful because Kevin's never driven on an American freeway before 😓
We finally spotted the Round 1 near our Airbnb!
Finally we made it down to the Airbnb at about 6PM. It looked pretty good but it ended up being awful. I won't go into detail because this was a super stressful experience and honestly it ruined our trip lol. I've told this story a thousand times so I'm just going to focus on the nice parts of my trip for these posts.
At least it had nice lighting for selfies cause of the big windows 🥺
Our friend Glenn was flying in from San Diego at around midnight so we had tons of time to grab a quick bite nearby after we settled in. I've known Glenn since like 2014 but we haven't met in person before so we were really excited to arrange that for this trip!

I found this conveyor belt sushi place on google and it was only a few blocks away so we decided to give it a try. It was surprisingly very delicious and affordable! We ended up going back like 2 or 3 times I think 😂
This coffee was so decadent I haven't
stopped thinking about it since I had it. It tastes
like white chocolate!! 😩
After dinner we headed back to the Airbnb and took a nap. We got up around 11 or so to freshen up and went to the airport to get Glenn. He hadn't eaten yet so once we got him we decided to try Taco Bell. 

I got asked this a lot but yes, we do have Taco Bell in Canada. There's only about 3 locations near me and they are at least 2-3 cities over. Our menu is also about 1/4 as big as the American one so I don't really eat it here. I think I've had it maybe twice in my life and it was very forgettable 😢
We ate in the parking lot and hung out a bit before going back to the Airbnb to wind down for the night~
That's all for this post! Thank you for reading and I'll see you in the next one 😎


No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you thought of this post! ♡

Strawberry On Top Of Cupcake