Welcome Message

*** May 1, 2024: New post is up~! ***

Tuesday, July 6, 2021

๐Ÿ’Ž Trip to IKEA & New Gets ✨

Hey angels! Last week I went to IKEA with my best friend, Jennie,  and we had a cute lil domestic date. We made a list of things to get so we didn't go too wild lol but mostly we picked up plants and some small home decor items. We had lunch there, did some shopping then went to Bed, Bath, and Beyond to grab some towels and stopped by the plant market by my house.

A couple of my mail orders came in too so I'll show you those as well!

Not sure if you guys heard, but we were having an insane heat wave early last week in NA. Temperatures got as hot as 49°C/120°F and it was AWFUL. I don't have air conditioning in my house so I had to like, MacGyver myself a wind tunnel out of 2 fans to stay cool but it was still like 35°C in my room so I truly suffered. I tried to get out to a mall or something so I could chill in the A/C during the hottest hours but everyone and their grandmas had the same idea ๐Ÿ˜’

Anyways though, it was still pretty warm and humid so I didn't really dress up for this or do my makeup too crazy even though this was the first time I really went out to hang out with a friend since lockdown hit.

idk what i'm doing here lol 
but i tried to dress comfy

If you don't get the meatballs
did you even go to IKEA?

I picked up some cute lil plants and a small plant shelf for this corner of my room. I don't usually put anything here bc it's really close to the closet but this was just small enough to fit! Also I can just pick it up and move it when I need to so it's not that inconvenient. I love it so so much, it adds so much character to my space and it's nice to look at while I'm working ๐Ÿฅฐ

my new hanging ivy

parlor palm and spider plant

a cute lil bee at the plant market 
I picked up this monstera plant like 2 weeks ago or something at the plant market and she's giving me a new leaf rn. It's been kinda exciting to watch her grow lol

after 1 week!

week 2!!

So for mail items, I got myself a Chanel necklace and earring set to celebrate getting a bonus from work. I'm wearing them in the photos above. They're not official jewelry pieces from Chanel but they are authentic as they are repurposed hardware pieces! I thought this idea was so neat and honestly I love them like they were official pieces. I've been seeing ads for so many of these kinds of companies but this one really caught my eye because it's in Canada and the selection really suited my tastes. 

It was really easy to navigate the site and they shipped so fast. I can't wait to order again! Since they source their pieces from authentic suppliers the stock is always on rotation and limited availability so if you see something you like you should snatch it up right away! There's no guarantee you'll see the same thing again ๐Ÿ˜ฑ

My lens haul from Misakicon also came in so I'll be doing reviews on them soon!

So far I've tried the 4 tone blue and pro gray ones and they're so cute!! They have a darker limbal ring on the outside so they kind of look like circle lenses but they are the proper diameter for my eyes so I really like that. I'm not used to doing my makeup with these kinds of lenses anymore so it's been a bit challenging to incorporate them into my routine cause I don't really do dolly makeup anymore.

I've been experimenting with light makeup and glasses bc it's been so hot. I'm not sure how I feel about it rn but I do enjoy not having a lot of things melting off my face. I'm also getting absolutely bodied by allergies rn so it's just suffering upon suffering over here for me ๐Ÿ˜ญ

I think I liked this one the most but I couldn't figure out how to recreate it for some reason. I guess I was just having a really good liner day ๐Ÿฅบ

I liked this look more with glasses but I hate wearing glasses when I have makeup on my face since my foundation and contour usually rubs off where they sit on my nose and no amount of powdering or setting can prevent that ๐Ÿ˜‘

I ended the week with some pizza bc for some reason I was craving margherita pizza, despite never having it before this lmao. I set off on a quest to find the best one in my city and so far I've tried like two that were ok but nothing I would call a favorite just yet. This one was the best one so far, I added some prosciutto cotto to it to make it more filling! I paired it with some ice coffee for lunch ๐Ÿค—

That's all I had for this post! See you again soon ✨

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you thought of this post! ♡

Strawberry On Top Of Cupcake