Welcome Message

*** Feb 4, 2024: New post is up~! ***

Sunday, March 31, 2013

Good Food, New Inspiration & Gets

Hello my lovelies! Recently the weather's been gorgeous so I spent the day downtown with my boyfriend and Branden yesterday. We had lots of good food and I even got a new mouse! My mom's friend sent me a giftcard for my birthday so I picked up a few thing from Forever21 too. Also I will be including some of my favorite/inspirational pictures of Sayoko Ozaki from the newest Happie Nuts~

Another note, I'm running out of my disposable lenses and I was in a rush so there won't be an outfit/makeup shot in this post (sorry!). I'll be getting new lenses soon though, so that's something to look forward to.
We arrived downtown at about 4 in the afternoon and went straight for this new poutine joint that opened up recently. It's called Smoke's Poutinerie and it had lots of different flavored poutines!

If you don't know what a poutine is, it's basically fries with gravy and cheese. This food dish has become so popular that people have started making different flavors and adding many kinds of toppings such as bacon and guacamole!

I ordered the double pork poutine which has bacon, pulled pork, cheese and gravy. It was super yummy! Patrick got the nacho one, which is basically all the nacho toppings on top of a poutine and Branden got one called the "rainbow". It had one stripe of guacamole in the middle, one stripe of sriracha on either side of that and then a stripe of cheese sauce on both edges. It sounded really strange at first but the flavors were not bad together. I think it was really unique and creative~

The restaurant was pretty small but it wasn't cramped. The food was not too expensive and we got served really fast. I would definitely go back there again just to try the other flavors!
Some funny pictures they have inside. I think
that's supposed to be their mascot person thingy.
Next we walked around Futureshop where Branden bought me a new mouse as a late birthday present. He said that he wanted this mouse too when he needed one and that it was good. He got it priced matched so instead of paying around $115 he only paid around $60!
It fits my hand pretty well and the best thing about it is that it can be both wireless or wired! Also there's a bunch of macro keys on the side so that's cool. (now I can spam pings/taunts/laughs like a true troll. huehue)
After that we went to H-Mart which is a Korean grocery store chain. We walked around and checked out all the deals they had and bought some popsicles. We sat downstairs and ate our popsicles while watching people pass by and reading the free newspapers they had lying around.
This is my favorite popsicle ever! It's called Melona and it's really tasty. It's a honeydew flavor and the texture is similar to ice cream~ I really want to try the other flavors too but I always just end up getting this one because it's my favorite >w<;;
We walked around some more and Branden said he wanted to have Japadogs. They're hotdogs with a Japanese twist! I think they're only in Vancouver, so if you're ever in the area you should definitely give them a try. They're absolutely delicious. We both got the terimayo japadog which is their standard one. It comes with teriyaki sauce, mayo, seaweed, and fried onions~
After we finished we decided to head home because it was starting to get a bit chilly and we didn't bring our coats. I had lots of fun, but I was really stuffed when I got home haha. I don't think I've ever eaten so much in one day. It was really yummy though, but I don't think I could eat like that all the time (〃 ̄ω ̄〃ゞ
I started reading Japanese fashion magazines online recently and decided to save some inspirational pictures for the spring! I've been really liking Sayoko Ozaki as she is just stunning. I like her style a lot and she always looks flawless.
I'm thinking of getting some pale golden/yellow lenses in the future because of how nicely Sayoko wears them. I never thought I'd ever get lenses in that color, but who knows, maybe I'll love them!
Finally, I picked up a few things from Forever21 with my giftcard. I have a few outfits in mind for this shirt already but I won't spoil it for you. You'll just have to wait and see! It looks black and white but it's really a dark blue and white.
I grabbed two necklaces as well. I love peter pan collars and have been dying to get a good necklace of it, so I was super happy when I found this one. It's the perfect size and the detailing is not too flashy as some of the Forever21 jewelry can be.
If you didn't know, I absolutely adore crosses! You wouldn't believe how excited I was when I unboxed this bad boy. I put one on hold but decided not to get it, however my giftcard came a few days later and I decided, why not?
Phew, that was longer than expected! Thank you so much for reading. I'll see you guys in my next post. Have a great week and Happy Easter! ヾ(@^▽^@)ノ
Strawberry On Top Of Cupcake