Welcome Message

*** Feb 4, 2024: New post is up~! ***

Thursday, March 7, 2013

Mary Kay Concealer Review

Hi again sweethearts! Today I'm bringing you a review on a product I've had for quite a while now, it's a concealer by Mary Kay. This brand is very special because it's not sold in stores exactly. It's one of those online companies that hire people to sell directly to other people.

The first time I encountered this brand was when I was in my hairdressing course in high school. We had a rep from Mary Kay come and speak to us about their products. We got to sample various products and in the end, I bought the mineral powder and the concealer. These were my very first makeup products~
You can find this product online at the Mary Kay website for $12.50. The concealer comes in a small black tube with a twist off cap. The rep color matched me as "ivory 2". Here's what it looks like:
The concealer is very creamy and opaque. It looks light but it does oxidize slightly to match up with my skin tone. You don't need a lot so one tube will last you a really, really long time.
I use this for my under eye circles the most. I do use this around my face as well, but I actually like this for only under my eyes. Even though it's very creamy and smooth, the product doesn't set into the stupid line I have under my eyes like most concealers with this consistency do. It stays all day and doesn't break me out when I use it on other parts of my face.
Before concealer
After concealer
As you can see the coverage is pretty good. I just squeeze a little of this on the back of my hand and pat it under my eyes with my ring finger. Without the use of a correcter, this concealer brightens my eyes and covers up that nasty purple business going on in the inner corner. It even looks like it makes that stupid line under my eye disappear too lol.
Packaging: ♥♥♥♥♥
I love that this comes in a tube. It just makes getting to the product so much easier and not to mention, so much more hygienic! The tube itself is sleek and thin. You can tuck this away in your makeup bag for travelling or on the go as it's about the same size as a lipstick.

Price: ♥♥♥♥
This concealer is definitely on the pricey side compared to other brands. It's also a little bit harder to get a hold of if you don't know a rep. However I think it's worth it given the amount of product you get and the quality is fantastic. You seriously only need a pea size amount and that would be enough to conceal your entire face. I'm not even kidding, this stuff will last you forever.

Coverage: ♥♥♥♥♥
This stuff covers everything without the help of a correcter. It brightens up my eyes and is great for defining around my lips too! I wouldn't say that this offers full coverage but it's definitely medium-full.

Application: ♥♥♥♥♥
This goes on very smooth and blends right into your skin. The product itself is very creamy but it doesn't feel greasy at all. It doesn't settle in any fine lines either. You can apply this with your fingers or with a brush and the results will still be the same imo.

Overall: ♥♥♥♥♥
I've tried many concealers but I always come back to this one. It does a wonderful job of covering up my dark circles and for what you pay, you're getting a very good quality product. The only downside is that it may be hard/tricky to get a hold of.
I hope you found this review helpful! Thank you so much for stopping by. I'll see you next time, bye bye~
Strawberry On Top Of Cupcake