Welcome Message

*** Feb 4, 2024: New post is up~! ***

Saturday, January 28, 2012

★‬ ☆ ‪★Palty Foam Hairdye Review★‬ ☆ ‪★

Hello! Today I'm going to review the Palty Foam hairdye. I got mine in Creamy Caramel from T&T Supermarket at Metrotown~ For my length of hair, I needed 2 boxes. (I read other online reviews that if you had hair past shoulder length, you'd definitely need more than 1 box.) Each box was about $15 or so I don't remember the exact price; I did get 1 of them on sale so I definitely paid less than $30 for both boxes.

***bold disclaimer: I'm not a professional colourist or anything so don't think that everything I did is applicable to everyone. I've taken a hairdressing program before so I'm well aware of the risks of leaving colour on for too long and all that jazz. Everyone's hair is different, and I've taken the time to get to know what mine can or can't handle.

The packaging~
The color swatch on top~
Inside each box comes with 1 mixing cup, 1 spatula, 1 tube of colour, 1 bottle of developer, 1 pair of gloves, and 1 packet of conditioning treatment. (All of which I don't have pictures for because I didn't think I'd have a blog up and ready yet) If you're really that interested in seeing what the box contents look like then just go to Google and search up "palty  foam hair dye" and you should get what you're looking for.

When I first started mixing the colour I noticed that it smelled really good! It smelled very sweet and fruity, you could hardly smell the chemicals. It foamed up right away, almost to the point where the cup was overflowing (you should be careful --- don't mix it too vigorously because it can get quite messy). 

I asked my boyfriend to do the colouring for me since my hair is too long for me to manage the colouring job on my own. First he covered my roots (which took almost 1 whole box) and I let the colour sit for about 20 minutes because my roots are super dark.

After 20 minutes he went in and coloured the rest of my hair and I let that sit for another 20-30 minutes. Once that time was up, I rinsed all the colour out, shampooed my hair, and applied the conditioning treatment that came with the Palty. I left the conditioner on for 2 or 3 minutes like the packaging suggested and then rinsed that out after time was up. I have to say, the conditioner was amazing. It made my hair feel so smooth and soft, it was like something out of a shampoo commercial LOL.

Here are the results:
Before~
After!
The coverage was great, as you can see the black was pretty much completely covered and I was extremely surprised that it actually blended so well. However after a few washes, I could sort of see that my roots were a tiny bit darker than the rest of my hair, but still it is pretty unnoticeable.Coverage/Colouration: ♥♥♥♥♡

Packaging: ♥♥♥♥♡
The packaging was cute and the idea of mixing foam in a cup was not bad but I didn't like that the spatula was too short imo. Once I started mixing and got the foam going, it got sort of difficult to mix without getting a mess on your hands as the handle barely peeked over the top of the cup. I thought that was kind of annoying but hey, maybe that won't bother anyone else and I'm just being picky.

Price: ♥♥♥♥♥
For me, this was definitely worth every last penny. If I had to go out to a salon to get my hair done, I can guarantee you I'd have to pay way more than $30.

Overall Rating: ♥♥♥♥♡
Overall I liked this product. It performed well and I didn't really have much of a hassle with application or anything other than mixing with the short spatula. My boyfriend said he actually prefers this over traditional liquid colour because it's not as messy (it never dripped or anything). I have no real complaints about it except maybe for the availability of it. I think it's rather difficult to find if you don't live near any drugstores or supermarkets that sell asian cosmetics. Ordering it online would be quite pricey since you'd have to pay for shipping and whatnot. From what I remember, the cheapest you can get it online for is around $20 a box (before taxes/shipping/etc) but I could be wrong. You might be able to find a good site/good deal on it if you look really carefully.

Anyways, that's my review! I hope you enjoyed it. Thanks for reading~ Stay tuned for more posts ^^

Strawberry On Top Of Cupcake